I'm unable to get the MyOptus app to authenticate my Sim card and phone number, it fails repeatedly and nothing seems able to fix it. I've been on live chat, and walked into several stores to try to get a fix but so far nothing works.
I'm pretty sure I know what the cause of the problem is and I'll try to explain here:
 In the past I was with Coles mobile (who run on Optus) and I used the My Optus app to check my balance, arrange auto-recharge etc. and it worked faultlessly, despite the fact that it was with Coles.
The app actually showed my details and account as being with Coles, which was great while I was with Coles.
 In april this year I ported my number from Coles across to Optus because I wanted to go on the Prepaid Ultimate plan to get the included overseas calls.
The port did not work until I called the help line, one of the Manila team switched me across and all was well, she commented that it hadn't occured automatically because it was not really a port, but an account switch as both carriers were in fact run by Optus.
This made sence and everything appeared to function fine, I could login to my online account dashboard page and see my other two Optus services (andother prepaid phone and a mobile broadband service).
 After using the 10 days credit I'd received with the SIM I used for porting I decided to install the My Optus app so as I could setup autorecharge and be able to check my credit expiry etc easily.
This is where the pain started to happen, the app refuses to validate against my sim, at first I got several 'Non Optus Sim' errors when the app tried to validate itself, then after several re-installs and data wipes of the app these errors stopped, they changed to the "Error. A system error has occured. Please try again at a later time."
 I then tried for a month or so to get assistance online and in Optus shops and nothing succeeded.
I, and many of the support staff I spoke to came the conclusion that my phone number was still linked to the Coles account, and although I've theorectically ported it to Optus, somewhere in the system it is not being allowed to access the features of the app because it is still related to Coles.
 I've tried reinstalling the app zillions of times, each time I open the app I've received umpteen of the SMS for verification that the app sends itself, and each time it comes up with the "Error. A system error has occured. Please try again at a later time." display.
I do not want to port out just so as to get the app working, I'd lose my roll over data, and I need the service to be active for calls so any downtime would be painful.
 So, is there anyway anyone can help me with this. Please...?!?!
I imagine if someone with admin powers could access the backend of my account and remove my phone number "service", and then add it again, this would hopefully clear the Coles history, it might work don't you think?
*Keeping in mind that my phoine number service come up fine on the website dashboard, it's only the My Optus app that's refusing to see it...
Solved! Solved: Go to Solution.
Hey @noosa, I've responded to your PM about this.
Our App team are looking further into this for you.
My pleasure @noosa 🙂
I've had confirmation from the App team that they're looking at this issue for you.
Hopefully we'll have more details soon.
No word at this stage @noosa - apologies for any inconvenience caused, we have fed this back to the app guys to follow up. Steph
Just tried the optus app again this evening and nearly fell offf my chair when it connected and confirmed my usage, the stars must have been aligned somewhere to let it do this
I last checked the app at the time of my post above and it gave the usual error message, I then wiped the apps data and cache and left it alone until today, this is the equivalent to re-installing it. Big surprise, hope it keps working properly because it is the only easy way to check and setup prepaid auto-recharge.