Searching...

Mobile

Re: My Optus App - verification failure

Jessicannika

Hi There,

I have not been able to use the "My Optus" app for a good 12 months, i get to the verification stage where i am SMS'd a code, then i get "an error has occurred please try again later" i have been uninstalling an reinstalling the whole time, with fresh downloads either straight from the playstore or direct from your website, i have tried EVERYTHING and cannot get it to work.. i am currently using Note 8 AOS 7.1.1

what i have notice from the many, many scathing comments/ reviews on the Playstore is that it seems to be only effecting post paid customers. I know my partner is pre-paid and his works fine but everyone i know who is post paid (and those reviewed on Playstore) it just wont work. What's the deal? and why is no one supporting the app via the Playstore? I implore you to have a read for yourself

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.optus.selfservice&hl=en

Shauna

Terribly sorry to hear about the difficulties you've faced with the My Optus app, @Jessicannika. We'd love to fix this. I'll just need you to report your fault with our Tech Support team through Live Chat or by calling 131344, so we can open an investigation. If you have any questions in the meanwhile, feel free to shoot us a PM.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jessicannika

Thanks @Shauna I have been reporting it for 12 months and have got no where. Have you looked at the playstore comments? No one seems to be monitoring it and I am definitely not an isolated case...

Shauna

Hi @Jessicannika, I did see the comments in regards to the app functionality through the link you provoded. However, without logging your fault with our Tech Support team, it's difficult for us to place a follow-up or escalation for the issues you're facing. For that reason, we suggest Tech Support as the first point of contact. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Abhishekvr

Hey Marie!

I have the exact same problem. But I my problem started after porting from postpaid to prepaid on optus. Please help

Toomey

Hey @Abhishekvr, have you raised the fault with Tech Support? Jump into Live Chat so we can grab your details and raise this with the app development team to resolve.

RCzM

Turn off wifi before trying to set up the app. Then you will get the code to the phones SMS not the modem router sms

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Jessicannika

Hey @RCzM I've tried all that. No go. Thank you though 😊

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
39 Kudos
23 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos