Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Roxus
New Contributor

My Optus App - 'Non Optus Sim' error

Hi,

I have recently recontracted from a Samsung Galaxy note 4 to an S7. I have been using the app prior and I like the feature of knowing my usage allowances and paying my accounts.

My yes optus app is not working on my new S7 and it is stuck on the verification page. I have installed and Uninstalled a plethora of times and carried out multiple resets. What am I doing wrong? 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: My Optus App - 'Non Optus Sim' error

Try taking the sim out and giving it a wipe with a gentle cloth or something to clean it when you deleted the optus app did it uninstalled fully otherwise it could be a conflict try a complete uninstall then reinstall again if none of this works will need to go to and Optus store or a Mo

www.optus.com.au/business/support/answer/my-optus-app-troubleshooting?...

Having problems with the My Optus app and need some help? Try these general troubleshooting steps. Before you start... Make sure that the app is the latest v...

derator maybe able to advise better.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Online-Mobile...Optus-app...not-working/td.../3783...

Feb 10, 2013 - Solved: Anyone else have this problem? ... My Optus app is not working .... Yes Crowd member @LucyS reviews the Samsung Galaxy S7.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Roxus
New Contributor

I have tried all that;

Uninstalled and installed

Turned phone on and off

Rechecked sim card and gently cleaned contacts

Yes optus version 4.2 downloaded

Latest OS for S7

I have had the phone for about 48 hours now

Anything else you recommend? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

All i can suggest is that a moderator takes a look at it for you ??

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

@Roxus Eeek! Sorry to hear that this is happening 😞 

One thing we can try is a SIM swap, it may be the SIM itself causing the issue, are you having any other trouble with texts/calls or data? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Roxus
New Contributor

Hi, 

No issues with data, SMS or calls. All other functions are working as intended. Just the my optus app isn't working

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Thanks Roxus 🙂 

Could you please PM through your mobile number, date of birth and full name & I'll pass your details and issue on to our App team to investigate further.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Roxus
New Contributor

Just PM'd you my details.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Thanks Roxus 🙂 I've responded to your PM.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor noosa
Occasional Contributor

Hi Marie,

I'd be grateful if you could take a look at my problem, it sounds very similar to this one...

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Android/My-Optus-App-verification-failure/m-p/215645#M5172

0 Kudos