Contributor

MobileEmailDropbox@optus.com.au

is this a real optus email address or scam

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: MobileEmailDropbox@optus.com.au

Sounds pretty scam like. What are you being asked to send there and why?

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It is legitimate however not clear what is used for and why, possibly linked to Live Chat? Did you interact with them recently?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor flippenz
Contributor

My wife lodged a complaint about optus lack of response to numerous phone unlock requests. Filling in online form response was from optus was - code not available will contact you within 5 days - which never happened.

Received response from above email requesting full name, dob, imei.

Wasn't sure if address is legit.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

What method did she use to lodge the complaint?

Was there a name signing off on the e-mail advising who specifically sent it?

The process behind what you have described still sounds unusual but I can confirm that is an Optus e-mail address.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor flippenz
Contributor

thanks for your reply.

It was lodged through the optus website at https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints.

the email was signed 

Kind Regards,
Duchess – Optus Email Servicing Team.

so should be safe to send information requested?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for that.

Yes it would be fine although I'll be providing feedback that they haven't made it very clear for the customer.

Obtaining an unlock code should be fairly straight forward, alternatively if your wife has a social media account I'd suggest that she sends a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. There may be a delay from the phone manufacturer but at least you'll have a point of contact looking into it for you/her.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jessie299
New Contributor

@diebestetest.de  wrote:

Thanks for that.

Yes it would be fine although I'll be providing feedback that they haven't made it very clear for the customer.

Obtaining an unlock code should be fairly straight forward, alternatively if your wife has a social media account I'd suggest that she sends a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. There may be a delay from the phone manufacturer but at least you'll have a point of contact looking into it for you/her.

My wife lodged a complaint about optus lack of response to numerous phone unlock requests. Filling in online form response was from optus was - code not available will contact you within 5 days - which never happened.

0 Kudos
Contributor flippenz
Contributor

Still not resolved.

They have come back saying the account doesn't exist in my name. The account would have been set up by husband in 2003 probably in our married name.

They now want copies of birth certificates, marriage licence. - you have to be joking.

Do you want my bank account number and password as well?

It will be far easier to dump optus and get a new phone and number as customer service is something optus has never heard of and are a complete waste of time.

The next step will be to lodge a claim with the TIO.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I can only really comment by saying all Optus staff have to adhere to strict privacy processes. 

You certainly have the right to contact the TIO if you wish to although I don't think this will create a way to go around the privacy requirement. 

0 Kudos