Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Missing calls

domwild

Hi,

Huawei Y7 with lots of missing calls recorded on the log but no ringing for those calls. No do not disturb set, volume is max. Suggestion is to ring 379 ?? or some number like that to retrieve call. Is this a scam like those Scam SMS ones?

Re: Missing calls

Yeldarb

Hmm is this a new phone setup as it might be that crazy voicemail that diverts at the drop of hat and then leaves text messages telling you of all the calls you have missed. Where are you seeing that 379 number as it's not a number I have seen before. Have you gone through the voicemail setup as a matter of interest?

domwild

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply. Sorry, those messages with the possible "379" number have disappeared magically and also the associated numbers, so I cannot ring back. When it happens again, I will take note of numbers and messages and let you know. I have not fiddled with mailbox setup as yet, but will set it up. Perhaps those were "fake" calls to remind me to set up my mailbox and make the telco richer?

Yeldarb

I would advise against ringing those random numbers as you never know what they might be. It could be a premium sms scam of some sort. Not sure what you mean by making the telco richer as your mailbox is included in your plan is it not?

domwild

Thanks once again. I have set up the box and hope there is no extra charge. Those missing calls were in the mobile again and disappeared before I recorded the numbers. Next time I record those numbers. They may be the numbers you ring and then you get connected to Russia at $15/minute?? Once the numbers are recorded, I will contact Optus with them and let's see if they can do something with them.

Yeldarb

Yes anything is possible and that's why I advise against ringing numbers you don't know.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
23 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos
6 Kudos