cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Missed Call Service

The missed call service seems to have taken over my phone and calls are not going to voicemail. I have tried calling 159 to opt out but get a recorded message saying "the current status of the missed call service is unable to be retrieved" and to call customer service. Which I am loathe to do as I have not received any "service" from calling or using live chat in the past. I have also tried texting STOP to 159 and get a message "there was a technical problem processing your Missed Call Service request"

Where did this missed call service come from and how do I get rid of it and get my voicemail back?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Missed Call Service

Hey @anni999pink - we can fix this up for you. Can you please send through your mobile number, full name and DOB? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Send it where?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Follow the URL I've linked below:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I had the same issue. I did call customer service and was put through to their Indian call centre. I was told that my number had been migrated to this new service and that all numbers will eventually be migrated. I asked the operator to convey  my dissatisfaction about the leak of communication that this was happening. Optus nerd to do better than this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Some of those words need editing! Swype keyboard using interesting suggestions. My apologies. Basically, I want Optus to improve communication if this service is going to be applied to all customers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Further to having the missed call service deactivated, I  discovered today that I no longer  had voicemail! I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with Optus' lack of communication and incompetence. I contacted live chat as there  was no other way to actually speak to someone. The agent was very helpful and it is not his fault that he works  for an operator that  can't seem  to carry out basic requests. He said that voicemail would be activated in 4 hours. I'm trusting that that will be the case. Seriously Optus, if you intend to migrate customers to a new service please forewarn them and if they don't want the service,  don't make it difficult for them by removing the original service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Super uncool Optus. I had the missed call service just appear on my phone. I didnt ask for it and I didnt want it. It has been difficult to get removed and stopped because of the issues that others on this forum highlighted. I have now had it stopped through the chat and the chat technician was very helpful but I shouldnt have had such difficulty with something that I did not ask for in the first place. Whats the go here????

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Solution that worked for me:

Turn off "Missed Call Service": Dial "159" > "1" (more informatio) > "1" (deactivate).

This leaves you with a phone that rings out, despite Voicemail being "activated".

To get Voicemail to start working again: My Optus App > "Service" (bottom of screen) > "Service Settings" (top of screen) > "Setup call diversions" > All calls = Off / On busy = Voicemail / No answer = Voicemail / No coverage = Voicemail.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have my mobile number with Exetel (network Optus). It was prior to porting to Exetel, with Telstra.

My number has been sold illegally. (yes I know....whose hasn't. That's the ongoing crime which this query is a result of):

I have one particular number which I have blocked on my device but I am now constantly receiving "Missed Call"  texts for the number also stating I may use 159 to opt out of the service. 

I do not receive this missed call text for any other number I may miss on this number.

The message states it's from Optus "...There was a technical problem processing your Missed Call Service request. Your request was not received. Please try again later."

If I dial 159 it eventually states that my number cannot be located.

Exetel are absolutely useless in helping and act as though they know nothing about the situation.

Can anyone help me to know what else I can do here please? 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors