Searching...

Mobile

Re: Mate 20 Pro firmware

Dazkatmaka11

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603894945

This is for both L29 & L09 based on the .182 firmware

ryballs

@Harro88 I haven't heard of anyone having issues with LYA-L09 on FH .187. Here is an excerpt from a LYA-L09 owner:

"noticed this morning that my device showed up as being certified on the 187 build which is a first for any software updates I have done via FH for the M20P. I was also able to enable a card in Google Pay for in store payments but haven't tried it yet. I have the LYA-L09 variant"

Didn't get time to do the FH update last night so will probably have a go this weekend.

MrFixIt

@ryballs@Harro88@Dazkatmaka11

I have no problems accessing my cards in the Pay app. All looks normal. I was going to test it on our Eftpos at the office this morning, but it doesn't have Paypas. Doh!

I will try later and report back. Otherwise. Very fast face detect (as if it wasn't fast already) and good fingerprint response. Some of the notifications have reset so I am back to having millions of notifications that i have to stop one by one, but otherwise the settings were all retained fine. It was a painless upgrade. If Google Pay continues to work properly I will be very happy. 

Mark

Dazkatmaka11

@Danyal

Here's my response from the TIO ombudsman

I have asked a more senior team at Optus Mobile to contact you to resolve your complaint by 22 January 2019, and to give me an update confirming this.

If I do not receive confirmation from Optus Mobile by 22 January 2019 that your complaint is resolved, an officer from our dispute resolution area will contact you to explain what will happen next.

Yours sincerely

[ Edited ]
Danyal

@Dazkatmaka11

Thank you for the update, I will do the same this weekend and hopefully they will change the way they work.

MrFixIt

Well unfortunately I am now officially stuffed.

I tried to add a card, which it did, but then when  i tried to make it tap and go, it failed saying my phone is rooted, or in some way compromised. Now I can't use the phone to pay even with the previously entered cards.

Stay clear of the Funky Huawei upgrades. My phone is useless now as I need Google Pay. I have changed my whole way of paying around this service. Unhappy. That's a lot of money down the tubes if it can't be restored.

[ Edited ]
Dazkatmaka11

@MrFixIt is your bootloader unlocked, in one of the December android update blogs I posted a link to 9.0.0.146 firmware download, I'm not sure if it is still available but maybe it's possible to flash the firmware using fastboot and adb?

http://update.dbankcdn.com/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G3469/g1750/v194349/f1/full/update_full_base.zip

ryballs

@MrFixIt Don't worry it'll start working again after .187 is safetynet certified in Australia. There are ways around it in the meantime using root + magisk but that involves unlocking the bootloader (~$100). You could also try clearing data for Play Service/Store or factory reset. Personally I'm still going ahead with FH update, just having trouble using virtualised windows on mac. Everything goes fine until the end where you flash the phone, HiSuite cannot recognise it. Will have to borrow someones Windows PC lol.

MrFixIt

@ryballs Yes I am not overly stressed. I have done a bit of research. There has never been a handset that I haven't found a way to recover over the years and I have my GS9 if it becomes a major issue as an interim. I have asked FH to give me a free ticket. If they do I will see if it will downgrade to 171. Sounds like it might not. I don't want to root it as in the past I have found too many apps say no to a rooted phone. I'll just leave it for now. 

One thing that does seem to have happened is that it has lost its Optus boot logo, so I am hoping it is now on a generic Huwawei  update cyle, which would be nice. FH are assuring me that it is generic and that they do not interfere with the OTA upgrades. 

Is there some sort of central register that identifies which versions are safetynet certified?

ryballs

@MrFixIt No but I do know .187 is certified in USA. Have you tried factory reset?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
18 Kudos
13 Kudos