cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Harro88
Occasional Contributor

Re: Mate 20 Pro firmware

Some models are getting the 171 firmware update and here we are still on 122 with testing for the 146 firmware which is now old to be done in January. Absolutely pathetic. There are crucial fixes on these firmwares. I'll be contacting TIO and attempting to get an answer to this.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Exactly, and they reckon that they have to do extensive testing on their network, yet people have already flashed using funky Huawei or have bought a handset outright and are still using the optus network without any issues, so what testing is required specifically.

I think that optus software team are a few monkeys in some foreign country sat around eating bananas all day.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I flashed via Funky Huawei method to 171 and can't use Google pay.. which is annoying.

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I did read that the official .171 has started rolling out.

But there's .149, .153, .166, .168, .171 & .176

So basically Optus are currently at least 7 firmware versions behind.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

176? Haven't seen that yet. Is it on funky Huawei?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure if it is on there, but this is the global change log

Change Log:
Mate 20:9.0.0.166-9.0.0.175
Mate 20Pro:9.0.0.166-9.0.0.176
Mate 20X:9.0.0.166-9.0.0.175

Dear users, this update adds a “Super Macro” shooting mode to the camera “More” interface, which makes it easier for you to experience the beauty of the macro world. It is recommended to update your experience.
Mate 20/Pro/X:
【camera】
Added “Super Macro” shooting mode, which makes it easier for you to experience the beauty of the macro world. Optimize the zoom preview mode of the photo preview interface (wide angle, 1X, 3X, 5X).
[System Navigation]
Improve the fluency of full screen gestures.
【intellectual】
Improve the voice wake-up experience, wake up more sensitive and faster.
【call】
Optimize the call experience for some scenarios.
Mate 20Pro:
[Face unlock]
Added the option to enter the alternate face to identify another face.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Jesseg8
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys, Ive been told from two sources inside Optus that they are basically being forced to stop supporting Huawei products by bringing all updates and support work to a standstill. This is due to all Huawei ban/Chinese vs Australia government news in the mail. The vodafone ceo even said all products would be phased out asap. I'd advise you all to keep the pressure on TIO and Optus support and aim for mass refunds due to unsupported products

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Not sure about that, Vodafone and Telstra just received the 146 update this week ... However it wouldn't surprise me the amount of times we allow America to string us a long. Officially it's only Huawei infrastructure that we have banned. If this was the case they would of already stopped sales long ago .. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Complaint details held by the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
Your TIO reference number is: 2019/01/00072

Occasional Contributor

I might do the same .. what did you want as a response a cancellation of contract and send the handset back in? If there's no support I'll do the same..