Searching...

Mobile

Re: Mate 20 Pro firmware

MrFixIt

@ryballs I haven't because I really don't want the pain of getting it all set up again, especially if it is for nothing. I have it spot on now. Problem these days is you get all your services sorted, softphone for PBX, drone controller, etc going and it is a lot to reconfigure. 

If I knew 100% that would fix it, I'd bite the bullet. I am still wondering if it is the fact that the handset model is LY-L09 and the firmware build is LY-L29 as @Harro88 mentioned.

[ Edited ]
Troz

Come on optus! I've got issues with audio recording failing after a few seconds into recording a video and after speaking with Huawei they said it'd would be addressed in a firmware update!! They're now up to 203 and we're still stuck on 122, months old!! 

Moved across to optus when I purchased this phone and so far not impressed. Had the green tint issue and now this and both times I've had to go to Huawei to get a resolution in a timely manner.

Your competitors are providing a better service for the same device.. Something I'll be keeping in mind as I migrate to the nbn next month.

[ Edited ]
Troz

@ryballs  now that you've updated can you please confirm Google pay is working? 

[ Edited ]
ryballs

@Troz I was going to update then they announced .183/.188 so I didn't. Now I'm trying to get a refund from FH.. 

Highlighted

MrFixIt

Don't hold your breath @ryballs 

I asked FH for just 1 credit to downgrade from 187 to 183 and they ignored me. Now they only offer 5 packs of credits. They know which region/version combinations work, but it is in their interest to let punters fail so they have to buy more. Their customer service stinks. 

It still doesn't change the fact that Optus has not put out a critical update since release. I am inclined to ask for a refund on the handset.

Dazkatmaka11

I am in contact with a senior customer relations manager who is now on the case seems pretty decent too with constant contact, he will be finding out more information on Monday, but has said that he wants to know why it states that.126 is our latest build when that information is incorrect. He will get to the bottom of why there's been no firmware update. 

Dazkatmaka11

I have just received a call from a manager of Optus who has taken over my case and he has finally received an answer from the technical department, he said that he shouldn't be mentioning to me this information but .188 firmware is again incompatible and it's the Wifi calling that is failing on every firmware, they don't know if it's optus network or the firmware causing the issue and have raised an investigation with Huawei. So at this point there is going to be no firmware update until they can fix this issue.

He has agreed to contact me every Monday with an update.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos