Searching...

Mobile

Re: Mate 20 Pro firmware

MrFixIt

OK, then that might mean it will upgrade more frequently. Typically the firmware load is linked to the carrier I thought, so unless Huawei have a code stub that links back to Optus, maybe using this ROM will cause it to start using the global update servers. I guess we will know when we run it.

ryballs

Yeah I had thought the same. Heard some say it will carrier updates and others it will get global updates.

I honestly don't know which is true. Either way it's better than just waiting for Optus. Smiley LOL

MrFixIt

Well @ryballs

This will tickle you.

I checked about 15 minutes ago through HiSuite for updates. None.

Paid the US$18 to FH. Chose the firmware. I figured I need to update the DNS so the updates are diverted through to the FH server, but just gave the normal check for updates one more go and stuff me! Optus has just released 171 within the last few minutes!

I am going to sit on my credit now and try 171. Who'd have thought.

Dazkatmaka11

Just tried hisuite, but it's not working for me.

MrFixIt

It just went through the entire standard process, then came up failed. Still on 122. Bah!

OTA says no update but HiSuite does now. LYA-L29 9.0.0.171(C432E10R1p16)

I'll give it another go. Nothing is ever easy.

Highlighted

Harro88

Dont download FH firmware. You'll be locked in to their OTAS and because it's made for lya-l29 dual Sim , the radio doesn't play nicely and can jump to no service at times not to mention Google pay doesn't work as it's not Google certified untill the lya-l09 receives that same firmware which is no guarantee. I fell into this trap before ..

Harro88

Once you use FH firmware which is made for lya-l29 it will work fine however it changes the model of your phone from lya-l09 to lya-l29  which will fail Google certification everytime which means no google paya and there's also no way to downgrade back to original firmware. Just a warning, there's a extensive thread on XDA about this. 

MrFixIt

Well then I guess I ruined my new handset. $1500 paperweight.

Back to the Samsung. 😪

MrFixIt

@Harro88 do you have a link to this thread?

Dazkatmaka11

@MrFixIt Maybe unlock the bootloader and root, I think I saw there is a rom for the mate 20 Pro on xda, I'll find the link.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos