cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Mate 20 Pro firmware

I requested for regular monthly updates to be provided and an explanation why a handset bought outright can still operate on the Optus network unaffected by any issues or they can 

A) Use the latest official Huawei firmware version unbranded to update my handset.

B) cancel the plan section of my account and I will pay the handset out monthly, I will have it unbranded and use a different carrier. 

I will also make sure that the other 4 optus accounts in my family plus a lot of people I know will cease business with optus.

Occasional Contributor Danyal
Occasional Contributor

Have you received any updates regarding this issue? Mine is still at 122, I really don't know what to say.

I wonder if I do the same.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Danyal

I'm still waiting for an official response from optus, I believe that the TIO ombudsman has submitted information to optus, but like everything else they are as useless as boobs on a bull.

But I recommend submitting a complaint, everyone should then they will have to do something about it.

But I believe that version .183 is now certified on FH

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Danyal @Dazkatmaka11 @Harro88 @Jesseg8

Can confirm FH .187 is now Google Pay/safety net approved. Will be updating tonight! 

Still get regular carrier updates once Optus surpasses .187 (so probably next year sometime..).

Costs about $20 but totally worth it IMO: https://funkyhuawei.club/

Contributor MrFixIt
Contributor

I'm just now downloading HiSuite and looking at doing this. Have you looked to see if there is a non-branded firmware? On Samsung, there is an Optus, Telstra, Voda and unbranded option. Once you switch to the unbranded, updates should come through directly from the manufacturer. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@MrFixIt Pretty sure it stays branded unfortunately. However firmwares .171 and higher do allow unlocking of bootloader.

So if you are willing to cough up another $90 you can purchase an unlock code (https://funkyhuawei.club/buycodes), root and debrand your phone. Can also install custom debloated/unbranded/performance-tweaked roms. May void warranty though.

Personally I'm going to wait and see if a cheaper option appears, but will probably end up doing this eventually.

0 Kudos
Contributor MrFixIt
Contributor

OK. Thanks @ryballs

Not sure which one to get from FH. 

Was it this? LYA-LGRP2-OVS 9.0.0.187

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yep.

0 Kudos
Contributor MrFixIt
Contributor

OK. Bit wary as it is not LYA-L09 prefixed. Their model nomenclature is quite bizarre.

I was thinking it would have to be one of the LYA-L09 variants.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It's a global rom so will work on any Mate 20 Pro variant. Haven't heard of anyone having issues with it.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors