cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mate 20 Pro firmware

I've pre-ordered the Mate 20 Pro and would like to know if Optus has the latest .122 OTA firmware ready to go?

I ask as the AI Portrait Colour and Cinematography features advertised on your website are only available on this latest firmware. The older firmwares also have issues such as the automatic brightness can't be disabled and Bluetooth audio being out of sync.

The AI 3D Live Model feature isn't even available yet, despite also being advertised on your website. This is apparently being provided via an OTA update sometime in November. 

56 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Mate 20 Pro firmware

@ryballs, we sure do!

Testing was completed last week and the update should begin rolling out as soon as the handset has officialy launched

Build: 9.0.0.122

For more updates, check out our fortnightly Android blog

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Dan, that's fantastic news. Hope that Optus will continue to release future Mate 20 Pro updates this quickly! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No problem Smiley Happy 

I find that updates are rolled out on a regular basis within the first 2 years following the launch of a a new flagship device.

It's after that point that it tends to become less frequent.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Looks like .126 firmware has just been released with a security patch and some more AI camera effects. Will look out for it on the Optus android blog.

0 Kudos
Contributor MrFixIt
Contributor

Yes this came through today.

0 Kudos
New Contributor BabyZ
New Contributor

What do you think of Optusz image

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

There's been quite a few updates already, I believe that there's 9.0.0.142 & 9.0.0.146. I have also seen a post claim to have 9.0.0.157.

These apparently fix critical bugs and security issues with the fingerprint reader and face detection.

When are we going to receive this critical update.

There's no mention of the mate 20 Pro in the firmware update blog.

Hurry up. Security is a major issue.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Dan_C

When is the Huawei mate 20 Pro getting an update, it's not even listed in the update blog.

Seems like every other carrier around the world have pushed out 9.0.0.146 or higher. What takes optus so long.

This update fixes critical bugs with fingerprint, face detection security as well as camera fixes and other issues and improvements. Plus the nov security patch. Phone security is a major issue. Get this update out NOW.

From the XDA Forum

[QUOTE=leony74;78335461]Same here got the 9.0.0.146 update in USA, tmobile network 8gb 256 gig model.[/QUOTE]

Lithuania, LYA-L29, Just got the 9.0.0.146 update.
Tele2 network

WHAT THE HECK IS OPTUS DOING?

Seems like every carrier around the world can push out an update, it's just all too difficult for Optus.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Denmark, Spain and Vietnam all receiving the 9.0.0.146 Update including November Security Patch.

I'm Waiting for an answer Optus. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors