cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor SiriX
New Contributor

Mate 20 Pro - Stuck on Firmware 9.0.0.122(C34E10R1P16)?

Hi,

I've had the Mate 20 Pro since it's release, and i know there's been planned then failed releases of updates, although it striked me as interesting when i found out that Optus say the "current" firmware is 9.0.0.126 on this site > https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Android-Software-Updates-07-02-2019/ba-p/533359 yet my phone has always been 9.0.0.122 and has never had an update (and i've checked continually)

I've also used different carriers sims to check, and currently it's still saying it's "up to date" on 9.0.0.122 (LOL!)

It'd be great if Optus could actually release an update, surely there's a version beyond 9.0.0.122 that's better featured, as well as not buggy, i find it very hard to believe that basically every other carrier on earth has managed to release updates for this phone, but Optus haven't found one that's good enough... yet plenty of people use non-optus branded phones on the optus network without issue on a daily basis?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mate 20 Pro - Stuck on Firmware 9.0.0.122(C34E10R1P16)?

Can't speak to Optus but 122 to 126 is a pretty marginal update. You get a new AI zoom feature for improved mini video recording, new filters and effects in the camera, and the October 2018 Google Android security patch. 

Optus is about to release 183 in the next two weeks which sounds like a decent jump up from 122. Hopefully that will stick.

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor SiriX
New Contributor

I was under the impression that even though their firmwares blog says that, the 183 update was veto'd? as there was one supposed to be released in around 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago?

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information around this phone and its updates (Optus never has had any Updates, Optus are abandoning Huwei, Optus are now doing 118, etc.) Much of this is probably Optus fault and service agents that can be too helpful at times IMO - you get told what you want to here.

As I said, I can't speek for Optus but the one clear source of public info suggests 183 is due out in the next few weeks. Guess we'll wait and see.

FWIW Optus are under no obligation to release FW updates. If they do great, if not then consider a different company / phone maufacturer (Google updates are all immeadiate) next time you are free to purchase a phone.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors