Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
rc211e
Contributor
Contributor

Making phone calls from Google Home devices

Google home has always supported phone calls in US and some other countries but not Australia. I've asked Google and they tell me only Telstra support phone calls from Google Home and the issue is with my provider not Google. Can you please explain why Optus customers cannot make phone calls from Google Home and Telstra customers can?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Making phone calls from Google Home devices

Good question. Optus seem to be lagging lately with features that customers are demanding. Telstra has introduced unlimited mobile plans (no $10 excess fees), Implemented RCS and you can also use your Google home to make and receive calls via Telstra.

All customers can do is keep requesting (or leave to a provider that does have what they want). Currently Optus is just $10 cheaper a month than Telstra for similar mobile plans.

@rc211e if you want to try out the functionality then you can also use Boost Prepaid mobile (they have some very good 6-12 month plans). They are the only other Telco to use the (full) Telstra network and so also have this functionality.
rc211e
Contributor
Contributor

No wrong @thompsonmax the solution is to move to Telstra and pay $10 a month more and get the service. Optus doesn't support this feature and doesn't appear interested
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I wonder if spam posters look to deliberately supply an incorrect answer? Like, is it in the manifesto? Its basic human psychology to look to correct an incorrect statement and it probably reduces our capacity to notice other warning signs.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors