cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor smithy192
New Contributor

Is Wi-Fi calling available on the new Pixel devices?

Hi,

I'm trying to find out whether the Pixel 4 XL will support wifi calling on Optus.

Can someone please confirm?

I cant quite trust the list of wifi calling handsets because with my Pixel 3 XL it took months (November till late Jan) before wifi calling was actually enabled. See https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Android/Wifi-Calling-Pixel-3-XL/td-p/495699 for the pain!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Pixel 4 XL - wifi calling

Hi there, 

No official word as to whether it'll be available at launch, but it'll surely be something that becomes available soon after it's released. It's a standard feature across most of our current in-market handsets. 

If you have the option to toggle on/off WiFi calling and we've enabled VoLTE (which we'll normally enable at the point of activation), I don't foresee an issue. 

I’ve reached out the device testing team. Hopefully they can a bit more insight. We’ll keep you post posted. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay, we have a confirmation 🙂

Wi-Fi calling is available on the Pixel 4 devices, but it’s not activated by default. 

To activate Wi-FI calling, follow the steps below:

Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network

1. Select the SIM
  2. Select Advanced (last option)
  3. Select Wi-Fi calling and tap the button to enable, then you can set the preference option.

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor smithy192
New Contributor

Awesome. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

My pleasure 🙂

I'm sure already aware, but pre-order has now opened. Handsets will be delivered from 24.10.19.

If any other questions come up, give us a shout!
0 Kudos
Contributor SteveV
Contributor

Re: Is Wi-Fi calling available on the new Pixel devices?

You mean the google pixel 3.5 xl lol that’s what it feels like an incremental minor mid cycle update in apple fashion of the s series

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Is Wi-Fi calling available on the new Pixel devices?

They're all incremental minor updates these days. The sad bit is that many seem to now need a "new" phone every 12 months.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos