cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Anthonyhawkins
New Contributor

Re: IMS service keeps stopping

Yes it was, when my phone broke on a trip back in april 2018

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Jakosos
Occasional Contributor

New info about problem from my communication with Kogan:

At this point in time, it looks as though the recent Samsung Security Update has caused a specific mobile service known as "IMS Service" to stop responding. This service seems to be related to voice and multimedia communications through internet connections, such as video calls, calling over mobile data or WiFi etc.

After being in touch with Samsung, they have confirmed that they are aware of the issues Galaxy customers are reporting with models like the one you are using.

We have been advised that an update based on the models affected is in the works and is expected to be rolled out to the affected devices as soon as possible. We are currently trying to identify what reasonable timeframe this may be.

You can also follow topic on Samsung US forum:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/IMS-Service-Keeps-Stopping/td-p/822062/page/7

New Contributor JazM
New Contributor

Hi, I have the same issue as the others. Purchased a S9 from Kogan and downloaded the latest update yesterday. Exact same symptoms. Hopefully a fix comes out soon, however thsi has been reported for a couple of weeks now and there has been no action.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Great update, really appreciate you letting our Yes Crowd members know the situation Jakosos. Hopefully Samsung rectify it very soon.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

So as it looks, some people say that they got rollout. And to us the problem stopped somehow as well.

Hope it will work for everyone now. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor JazM
New Contributor

Thanks for the updates - really appreciate them.

I have checked a couple of times today and I don't have any software updates.

Hopefully tomorrow

Cheers

0 Kudos
New Contributor Arakuine
New Contributor

Does anybody have a solution already? This is freaking me out and the samsung support doesn´t give any solution to this problem... I'm afraid that this problem could cause any damage to my phone and I feel it is getting worst

0 Kudos
New Contributor jan57
New Contributor

My phone is having  same issue samsung s9+. This is unsatisfactory.  Bought from KOgan, cannot contact Samsung US and Samsung Australia cannot help. Unbelievable fiasco.  

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

The Samsung support it's absolutely terrible. 

Somehow the IMS problem is gone on my gf phone but we didn't do anything.. 

I was thinking and maybe the app "Carrier services" from Google playstore (which Kogan tried recommend) would be helpful.. but as I said, we didnt have any update, or any info message - it just stopped.. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Davos97
New Contributor

The exact same thing has happened to me on my galaxy s10 (us version, unlocked). Its due to to August optus update. Its pretty ridiculous for two reasons (1) samsung could easily prevent issues like this if we could roll back on an update to the pevious software version but do not allow us to. (2) Optus obviously did not test the update on the us model. Two really easy things that could’ve been done to prevent this pretty significant inconvenience to customers. Im going to upgrade to the pixel 4 when it comes out because of this and might switch carriers too.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors