cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Jakosos
Occasional Contributor

IMS service keeps stopping

Hi,

my Samsung S9 G960U is after update barely usable. It's lagging and every 5s the error message "IMS service keeps stopping" poping up. The battery goes down very fast too. 

Even I tried do all what "uncle Google" says - clear cache, data or even reset phone to factory settings, it doesn't help. 

Phone works just when I take out the SIM card. 

Is there any solution? 

Tags (1)
29 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: IMS service keeps stopping

Hi there Jakosos,

Hmm, we haven't had any other users report this issue.

Any luck chatting with Samsung support

Let us know what they say.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor giannino
New Contributor

Hi there! It must be a systematic error because I am having the exact same error that was reported from the user Jakosos.  I tried everything, including the factory reset. When I plug in a different sim card (I tried the Spanish SIM of Orange and the US SIM of T-Mobile) the phone works well. Please, investigate the issue asap otherwise I will have to change carrier

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Jakosos
Occasional Contributor

Because it's international model (I think US model) from Kogan, they are not able to support. And we've been send to seller. 

We just tried Boost SIM card, and it does the same. So there was probably something in update which change setting of IMS and its not compatible with Australia. 

But on my other EU model everything works perfectly. 

Kogan sent us email to send the email to them, and their technical team will look at it. - not very happy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor Jr_melbs
New Contributor

I'm having the exact same issues! =(

Galaxy 9+

Bought mine outright in the USA whilst travelling last year and having those issues here in Melbourne since the last android update.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ahh that explains it, didn't occur to me to ask where you got the phone from, just assumed it was received from Optus.

Thanks for coming back to let us know what the issue is, as we've seen it is very helpful information for other customers.

Hope it can be resolved!

Not sure if there is anything they can do but I will also bring this to the attention of our software update testers so they're aware of it if they aren't already.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Anthonyhawkins
New Contributor

My phone took on a upgrade this morning and it now reports that the ims service keeps stopping every couple of minutes. Samsung 9+.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi anthonyhawkins,

Was your 9+ purchased overseas like the other customers in this thread have mentioned?

0 Kudos
New Contributor WillCunlo
New Contributor

Hi- Having same issues- phone bought in USA and using in Aus- Battery is being drained and also very unresponsive- Phone is almost useless so need a fix ASAP please.

New Contributor Jr_melbs
New Contributor

Hey hey,

Can you recommend several android/samsung links, platforms or forums where we find additional info on these issues/ solutions?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors