Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
chzh995
New Contributor
New Contributor

IMEI unblock

If I were to buy a phone that's with Optus off somewhere say Gumtree and the IMEI got blocked after I purchased the phone, would I be able to unblock it with a proof of purchase given that it is the correct receipt of the phone?

5 Replies
caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: IMEI unblock

Nope, it can be only released from the original owner.. 

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
sanjay14
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can you help me for my phone sim block I can’t call this my IMEI number *hidden*

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

The original purchaser / account holder of the blocked phone will need to contact Optus to request for it to be unblocked.

Found Your Device

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
fredihey
New Contributor
New Contributor

I bought a samsung galaxy S8 on gumtree and it says voice calls for the phone not allowed
0 Kudos
Aron_YC

Hi fredihey

If you've purchased a device that has been IMEI blocked we will not be able to unblock it. This would need to be requested by the previous owner that had the device blocked. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos