Searching...

Mobile

Huawei mate20 pro firmware updates

Jesseg8

So Optus hasn't pushed an update for this flagship since its release. It's still in its October security patch. This is really poor form but the software team, do you favour other phones?

Multiple bug fixes have been released by Huawei but we are yet too see them .Vodafone have released there's as well .what's taking so long

Re: Huawei mate20 pro firmware updates

Dazkatmaka11

I have noticed that most other countries already have been getting 9.0.0147 & 9.0.0.152

We are still on 9.0.0.122

9.0.0.146 has camera and picture quality improvement. Facial recognition improvement, Fingerprint improvement & November Security update.

Jesseg8

If this is a sign of future updates, I'll be cancelling contract before the 30 day period is over. 

Dazkatmaka11

I think Optus just drag their feet. I have messaged Huawei AU support, hopefully someone can speed up the process. I won't get my hopes up though.

What I sent below.

Hi

I have recently purchased a new Huawei mate 20 Pro, I would like to know why almost everyone other than Optus Customers are receiving the latest firmware update.

Can you please contact Optus and ensure this update is sent out urgently, as it has critical bug updates and improvements that we require to run our phones in optimal condition.

Kind Regards
Highlighted

Dazkatmaka11

XDA Forum Comments

New update version 9.0.0.142
Size: 523MB

Here Saudi Arabia

*Change log:

Optimize face unlock, fingerprint, optimize camera and improve photo quality, fix notification problem for google messages app, improve google maps navigation and security patch for November 2018

*First review:

new version for camera app ( add some icons for switch between wide angel and main camera ), fix a problem in edge video when record 4K.

version 9.0.0.146 now available to Philippines

Saudu Arabia and Philippines. Hmmm

So how come a great country like Australia is lagging behind the times. Are we really that slow with technology. Nope, just Optus.

Jesseg8

Yeah I'm pretty over the lack of reponse, im still waiting for my proof of purchase. I'm going to  start looking into vodafones plans. It's a shame XDA haven't worked out how to flash an international build.

I've just messaged Huawei's tech team so hopefully they forward my response.

Dazkatmaka11

From the XDA Forum

[QUOTE=leony74;78335461]Same here got the 9.0.0.146 update in USA, tmobile network 8gb 256 gig model.[/QUOTE]

Lithuania, LYA-L29, Just got the 9.0.0.[B]146[/B] update.
Tele2 network

WHAT THE HECK IS OPTUS DOING?

Seems like every carrier around the world can push out an update, it's just all too difficult for Optus.

Jesseg8

It's an absolute joke that we haven't got a simple reply yet, the software team must be non existent. is there anyway we can take this further?

Voltron

Lodge a complaint online with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO).

They can legally force Optus to reply, directly to you, regarding this matter.

[ Edited ]
Voltron

I'm guessing that DBU is 'Data Base Update' but I could be wrong. Given this list is for us 'dumb'  customers, you'd think they'd expand on acroynms instead of keeping us in the dark.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos