Searching...

Mobile

Huawei mate 20 Pro no updates?

Harro88

Hi what's going on with the Huawei Mate 20 Pro firmware updates? We are still on 122 when Huawei is pushing out 181, 5 updates later... ? There are critical fixes here that need to be updated. Get your act together or there will be more applications to TIO ..

Re: Huawei mate 20 Pro no updates?

Dan_C

@Harro88,  we’re still waiting on our new device and software update report.

The last report we received did state a targeted date of the 8/01/19. That's for Firmware update - LYA-L09 9.0.0.146.

Once I've received the latest update, I'll be sure to include that in our Android updates blog.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Harro88

Appreciate that , however that update was released early November.. does that now mean each incremental update we will be waiting over 2 months for Optus firmware OTAs ...

Dan_C

I do understand what you're saying @Harro88

When it comes to carrier branded models, it’s important to remember that there are several steps to the update process, and there's always going to be delay. Stock models purchased directly from the manufacturer will receive updates as soon as they're available.

For example, first we receive the update from the manufacturer → It's tested and optimised for use with Optus Network features such as VoLTE → Update is sent back to the manufacturer → Once it's ready it's deployed over air by the manufacturer, usually to a small portion of users at first. Generally, that's over a 2-3-week period. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Cyphar

Empty threats to the TIO will get you nowhere as there is no legal impetuous to provide you with up to date firmware.

Either be patient or root it to do it manually

Dan_C

That's a good point @Cyphar

The TIO does not take these sorts of complaints.

They have a list of what they do and don't handle up on their website.

[ Edited ]
Harro88

Not true. If you're not adequately updating a handset in a reasonable time... Not over 2 months especially when there are known issues in earlier firmware that is grounds to exit a contract .. having received a update with TIO regarding this I'll be exciting the contract and sending the handset back whilst going with another provider. I hope other people read this if they decide to go with Optus and purchase a mate 20 pro..the unbranded mate 20 pro is currently up to .183 firmware which is 5-6 updates past what Optus is still on (122) absolutely pathetic. As to the previous poster stating TIO can't help. You might want to do some research or collect your pay cheque from Optus. 

[ Edited ]
Harro88

Edit..

Great to see Optus has finally updated to 171 firmware today. Only a couple updates from the latest one now.

ORANGEDAN

Where in the dream optus released 171 firmware update? Even till now still on 122?

Rahullamba

How did you get to 171 ? I am still on 122. Really terrible support from Optus for Mate 20 pro. If they unwilling to support Huawei handsets then shouldn't be selling them. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
40 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos