Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei mate 20 Pro no updates?

whiteythomson

I have to say I'm also fuming about these lack of updates. I've been buying phones outright from the manufacturer for the last 4-5 years but the deal for the Mate 20 Pro was just too good to turn down. Alas here we now are with no update in five from Huawei. 

Key issues being security fixes including the very shonky face id (among others). At the very least (and this would genuinely alleviate a lot of concerns) provide a timeline for when updates are planned to be rolled out rather than keeping everyone in the dark about it. 

ORANGEDAN

Whitey, believe me I'm also as upset with u with no update so far. But as posted in another posts, Dan claimed the update has been completed by optus. It will be roll out between 1 to 2 weeks. It has been already a week since Dan posted it. I guess finger cross give it another week, before we can hear what they have to say this time. Hopefully optus is not playing another blame game between them and Huawei. 

SteveV

Abandoned update 

whiteythomson

You have or Optus have? 

[ Edited ]
Harro88

I thought I got a update but still nothing from Optus .they've abandoned this phone basically. I've got out of a contract and bought the phone outright after selling the Optus model.. absolutely pathetic that there's been no update since .122. the unlocked model and every other carrier is up to 183. I'd recommend Optus customers who are frustrated with this to contact TIO. You're not getting any help here. 

Quaz1

How did you go about getting out of the contract ? This lack of support simply isn't good enough and I need to start that process 

Highlighted

whiteythomson

Likewise, also want to do the same. I'm just following the steps on TIO at the moment. Formal complain to Optus via their website, notes of any conversations over webchat/phone on the issue. Evidence of it not being resolved and then can go to TIO direct for support.

Rahullamba

I have already tried raising concerns with TIO and their response is as follows

"The TIO does not have the power to request a service provider to make changes to their policies or business practices as this is a commercial decision.'

I had provided them with my chat summaries with both Optus and Huawei. I have rejected their response stating that this situation falls under 'faults with services' category as Optus is willingly owning software upgrades to the device and not providing the services.j

I hope others in forum also reach out to TIO with similar request

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
20 Kudos
15 Kudos
15 Kudos
13 Kudos