Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

@Dan_C Not sure where you are mate but thought I would give an update. So I called the Optus store yesterday and apparently they haven't even sent my phone for assessment yet. They are saying my IMEI still isn't in their system and they can't send it until it is. At this point they've had it for longer than I have and I'm really regretting not returning it to Huawei instead.

They said it would be sent to the Optus service centre for assessment. I said I would prefer them to send it to the Huawei service centre instead. He said it will only be sent to Huawei if the Optus techs can't fix it. As no one at Optus (apart from you) appears to know anything about the green tint issue, this worries me. I really don't want the replacement/repaired device to have another defective display and have to go through all this again.

0 Kudos
charithap
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like radio silence is their answer to this. 

0 Kudos
JamesJiang
Contributor
Contributor

@Dan_C will Optus response for this? Have't seen you reply on this thread for 2 days, will any solution come out or both Huawei and Optus just gonna ignore it. I guess all of us just have to go to Fair Trading and go to see Media to help us out then. 

0 Kudos
huydtrann
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just got off the phone with Optus and had a once-off option of exchanging the phone on-the-spot through a courier. However, if the replacement also has green screen issues I would then have to send the replacement device for assessment and repair--Taking up to several business days. By then it would be past the 14 days cooling off period and I would be stuck with a defective phone and also on a contract with Optus and their atrocious support and communication for the next 24 months.

So I decided to stick to my decision in cancelling the contract all together (all charges and fees waived) and avoid the headache that is to come. A satchel will be sent to me within 5 business days to return the device and once they receive this at the warehouse my contract will be terminated.

0 Kudos
JamesJiang
Contributor
Contributor

Now this morning I received an email from huawHu, they asked me to backup all the information and drop the phone to a nearby Optus store to get it shipped back to Huawei, technician will diagnose the device and get back to me. 

I also checked some  information from China how they deal with green tint screen, seems like they drop off to a Huawei retailer and then wait for about two weeks to get a replacement device. So I suppose Huawei already started to make a new batch of mate 20 pro and will be ready after two weeks. I think Huawei Australia probably will do the same way. 

Now I think now we have two options, one is send the phone back to them and their tech team will advise solution to you. Second is cancel the contract for now and wait for the good batch product release to the market and sign up the contract again. 

I'll choose the first option as I quite like the phone except the green tint screen, all the other aspects of the phone are prefect and there's no short board on this phone. I'll update once Huawei received the phone and contact me. 

0 Kudos
ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Optus don't send it to Huawei though, they send it to Boomerang..

0 Kudos
JamesJiang
Contributor
Contributor

Where did you get this message form? Huawei rep contacted me this morning and they give me an reference number, when you drop the phone to optus you provide that reference number and then will send to Huawei and Huawei will contact me after. 

0 Kudos
ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Multiple Optus employees told me that all repairs go to Boomerang repair centre first and are then only sent to the manufacturer if Boomerang can't resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
GibsonG
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like everyone has green tint issue, I tried to talk with multiple staff of huawei and optus but no one can really help me. my suggestion is to terminate the contract for no condition and let me upgrade to another phone plan, really dont wanna be huawei customer anymore, truely disappointed, my device has green tint, YinYang screen and image tail issues.

ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Optus store still hadn't sent my phone for repair so I decided to just keep it and wait to see if Huawei offer some sort of solution (like offering replacement phones with the unaffected BOE displays). I wouldn't hold my breath though, while they are doing this in Norway, in most other countries Huawei response is basically "our industry leading oled screens turn green which is perfectly normal". Here is a message from their CEO:

Top Contributors