Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

shinkumo

Been advised in store they no longer doing cancellation, in store would only offer send the phone in for assessment and replacement once they confirm phone is in fault.. quicker turn around if u fill out the survey with ausdroid and dealing with Huawei directly. 

[ Edited ]
Ry21

@shinkumothat isn't true.. the truth is that they are just lazy because they have to fill in a long form manually to send the phone away. Smaller shops tend to do this. I could complain a few if there's a section where we can name and shame the stores.

Whilst I was talking with an agent on the store's phone, in the end he basically just asked me to exit the store and called me on my phone to discuss my cancellation because no one in store wants to talk to the agent on phone.. they basically let me call and they served other customers.

If only we could contact the chief executive of Optus directly, many people will lose their job by now with how they treat the customers

Kk8

Im in the same boat fn fed up with all there bs going from store countless hours of speaking to customer service to waiting for call backs and still not resloved

I think switching telcos and cancelling all contracts is the way to go.

Boycott optus

[ Edited ]
ryballs

As a final f you to those who peordered a faulty Mate 20 Pro, they are now offering it $1 cheaper with double the download (100GB vs 50GB). Cheers Optus!

Edit: My phone just got picked up from my work and is on its way to Huawei for replacement. After 3 weeks of unsuccessfully attempting to have it replaced with good stock via my local Optus store, I gave up.

Dazkatmaka11

I contacted headoffice this morning, spoke to a manager, I told them my local Optus store was being rude and unhelpful, Optus customer service who I spoke with for an hour, couldn't assist. 

They have put through for a handset from the 2nd batch of warehouse stock which is apparently meant to be good stock, to be delivered to my home address along with a prepaid Collection kit to return the existing handset. Also a contact for me to get in touch with them if I have any issues.

If you are having trouble call 02 8082 7800

Ask for a Manager 

[ Edited ]
fusion9

I notice this thread has gone dead with the Optus Reps comments. Still don't have an answer which myself and many others have asked regarding how long they will honour the replacement policy for should the screen eventually suffer from this issue.

I would imagine some sort of priority warranty replacement considering they sold the device with a known fault.

ryballs

Got this months bill credited via chat due to all of this. Finally some good service from Optus, hallelujah! Suggest you guys do the same:

2018-11-26 10_30_33-Re_ Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issu... - Page 60 - Yes Crowd.png

Maelfice

@fusion9 been asking that to @Dan_C a couple of times but he doesnt seem to notice me. 

Dazkatmaka11

Just tried to track my ref number, said not found, so I did an online chat, asking for the status I was transferred to 4 different people and 1 hour 13 minutes to get told there is limited stock and delivery would be 2 weeks.

I've messaged the head office manager and asked why when it says 1 to 5 days in the email.

ryballs

@Dazkatmaka11 2 weeks is ridiculous mate, I would just send to Huawei. They use overnight courier to receive your phone, inspect and then send you back a new one via overnight. They reckon I should have a replacement unit from new stock by the end of the week.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
40 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos