Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Maelfice
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Just an update on my situation, after speaking with a Huawei Representative, they have given me a link so I can send back the device. Take note that at any point, they did not guarantee a replacement but I did tell them that if they will not replace with a brand new one, I will go straight to Fair Trading. The link they give will allow you to create a consignment and I contacted Toll Priority to book a pick up. They should be coming anytime today. So I have decided to return this to Huawei and see how they will handle this. I can't wait for any decision anymore. I will put my trust on Australian Consumer Law. 

Meanwhile, I have been creating reviews in review websites and have emailed Seven news about this issue (hopefully they will consider it as a story). People planning to buy this phone should be aware what they are getting into and should have not to go through the terrible experience we are getting right now. 

Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

Phone error double post

0 Kudos
Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

I have the phone for 6th day now. Was fine at first but now it is showing green tint on both sides and bottom of screen during those test. A call to the Huawei rep, gave the the same response as overseas rep which isn't official by Huawei themselves. They quoted- the Huawei mate 20 pro screen uses an industry leading flexible OLed panel..... I'm sure you guys read about that before 

I don't think this should be a repair issue nor a replacement issue. The phone is only 6 days old!?! And replacement what if it has similar problem after? Poor QC from Huawei. A nice phone indeed but until they resolve this, a cancellation of plan without further payment should be right.. else ACL will come into play

0 Kudos
charithap
Contributor
Contributor

Spoke to Optus chat twice now. Told two different things. One said I could have it picked up and contract cancelled and another said I have to go into the store to have them look at it.

Typical Optus can't get a consistent story for their customers. Regretting both choice of phone and telco right now.

0 Kudos
charithap
Contributor
Contributor

What tests are people doing specifically to bring the issue out? Just a grey wallpaper or any good apps?

0 Kudos
Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

Try the whirldroid app with dark theme as setting. screen test shows nothing. Lowest brightness in the darkest room

0 Kudos
Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

Guys how do you post a picture here?

0 Kudos
huydtrann
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Ry21 Use the desktop site if you're on mobile and you'll see something like this. And then just hit the picture button next to the chain link iconScreenshot_20181106_101915_com.android.chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

@huydtrann thanks!!

0 Kudos
Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

IMG_6102.jpgIMG_6101.jpg