cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

I have been having a discussion with Optus staff on Facebook Messenger regards to this issue. It amazes me how Optus don't think that there's a fault. Response below...

We would never sell equipment known to be faulty. I do apologise if you believe this is the case. The retail staff will be able to help if you have any concerns with a product you purchase.

Toomey

0 Kudos
New Contributor NSipos
New Contributor

I wouldn't bother at all with Optus chat. They won't acknowledge the actual issue. Only ever repeat the script provided. I'm amazed that this hasn't been handled so much better, but I honestly think other than a few, they actually just don't care there is a problem. 

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@carleast It varies. Some phones get it worse than others. Some you can see in the middle of the day regardless of what's being viewed. Others you need to be in dark, low brightness and dark grey (not black) screen. Sounds like you have it, just not very bad. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor tuloks
Occasional Contributor

I have lost faith in Optus and decided to deal straight with Huawei. They offered me Send-In Service. I forgot to ask if I need to send everything back. Did you guys send everything included in the box? I might arrange a pick today if Toll is available during weekends.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Duplicate comment

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@tuloks The Huawei person told me to send everything otherwise they will just swap what you give them. Dunno if that's true though. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor carleast
Occasional Contributor

Great advice. I can see it when I run this. Just slightly and I have to be in a dark room so I'm not bothered right now. If Optus eventually deal with it I might swap it then as it's still a fault that will probably affect the resale value. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@carleast Mine started off similar to yours but got much worse about a week ago. Not quite noticeable during the day yet. But with dim light and lowish screen brightness, my left screen edge glows bright green pretty much all the time now.

I noticed just before mine got worse I had charged it overnight a few times by accident and been doing some gardening during a hot day. I reckon long exposures to heat speeds up the process. It's ironic that this phone is supposed to take the best night photos, but I can't accurately edit photos at night due to this issue. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor carleast
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this. I can see it most on the edges of the screen but as I said it's not bad. I'll be closely monitoring it. Has this been an issue elsewhere in the world? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

there are two ways to get around it and hopefully, you can fix the issue at home. But ins some case you have to get the device replaced or repaired depending upon the nature of your issue.

Option 1: Play around with Color temperature and Brightness

Or

Option 2: Recalibrate screen by using a third-party app

Or

Option 3: Hard reset your device by following the procedure below

Few users on Xda Forums reported having their phones fixed by hard resetting it. Hard reset basically reset all the configuration and can be helpful at times. The above video is fore mate 20 lite but it the same procedure can be used for Mate 20 pro.

We will keep updating this article with valid information from different forums. At this point not much information is available but people have started reporting their issues about green tint on forums.

Update 1: The hard reset method was suggested because sometimes there is a calibration issue between the device and screen. Users have experienced a similar issue in another device of LG and majority users were able to fix it at home with a hard reset. So far, we have come across only two users who have claimed to fix green tint with a hard reset. Since the device is pretty new and the issue was highlighted on Wednesday late night, for this very reason, we haven’t heard from Huawei yet. Maybe there would be a recall for the first batch of Huawei Mate 20 Pro.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors