cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

When I went in my IMEI was not in the system either. They made a quick internal call to get it added and it took effect instantly. Sounds like you need to go into a different store.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@lsa123 Wow it's that easy hey.. Yeah I think I will try a different store.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Mind if I ask how long you waited for Huawei to get back in touch with you? 

I have sent details and photo of the screen on Monday, have not received any follow up emails or calls yet.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Optus you are a phone company, so why is it that all day I've been trying to call Bendigo Marketplace and Lansell Plaza stores and nobody wants to answer or return messages left.

Very poor customer service, as per my previous post I want an answer please,it ain't so difficult.

The news articles I read quoted that people could replace their faulty handsets for "Good Unaffected Stocks" are your stores (the ones mentioned above) in possession of Good Unaffected Stocks or are you still dealing in the faulty handsets.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@taotaot Around a week. In total I got three calls from Huawei. First two were unhelpful, but the last offered to pick up the device and send me a replacement. If I don't get any luck with Optus today, I will probably take them up on the offer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Finally 2.27pm after trying since 9am I have had the rudest conversation with a woman from Bendigo Marketplace she said they couldn't guarantee that it would not be faulty, however if it was they can return it and replace it with Unaffected Stock from the warehouse. I said then why haven't you quarantined the existing stock and replaced them with unaffected stock so you don't sell them to customers. She just hung up on me...rudest woman and service I have encountered.

Optus you should be very ashamed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Here's a summary of what happens with my green tinted Huawei Mate 20 Pro.

I started experiencing green tint on the 6th Nov and have been following this thread since.

When the problem started, I spoke to Optus Chat which then asked me to go instore with full box of the phone and talk to the store. When in store, I was told they can't help and I was to ring up optus customer service to arrange a return and swap. The customer service on the phone told me to go back in store, which this point, they asked me to go to the store I pre-oredered the phone from. I went to the Toowong store in Brisbane on 11 November, but was told to send the phone away for assessment. At this point the problem wasn't being acknowledged by Optus & @Dan_C yet.

The following week, the process was changed and then I read in here that I could go exchange or cancel the phone in store. Then I tried my luck second time in store at Toowong. At first, they straight out said, there was no process, but when I complained enough that I will report the store to Optus, they finally agreed to check with the manager, and agreed to swap my phone with a new one. Alex, the store rep, was very helpful on that day. However, there were problem with entering the IMEI of my faulty phone, and since that was Sunday, I was told to come in on a weekday again. Alex promised he will leave one stock behind for me to swap when I come back.

I then, went back for the third time to Toowong store, and even though the IMEI problem was still there, Alex helped sorted out with Boomerang for this problem, and finally I was able to swap it with a new phone.

I asked to swap with a 12B serial number batch phone. The new phone I've received has a BOE screen and hopefully it doesn't fail again. My old phone has a LG screen and 12A serial number.

Overall, it was entirely stressful and time consuming process, but I am happy when all is sorted in the end. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

After hours of wasted time with the useless Optus Rockingham, I just can't bring myself to go even more out of my way to a different Optus store and potentially end up with the same result. So I've officially given up on Optus resolving this for me and Huawei will be picking my phone up for replacement on Monday.

Edit: The one nice thing the Rockingham store manager said is "Don't pay your bill for this month." I would love to not have to pay for a month of using a faulty phone and wasting my time, but it sounds too good to be true. Are we able to be compensated for this @Dan_C?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

A formal complaint has been lodged with consumer affairs, regarding Optus not quarantining existing stock and return to huawei for assessment, replacing it with good stocks from the warehouse.

They just are not allowed to sell faulty handsets.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Dazkatmaka11 Yes I made a complaint to ACCC about the same thing, should be getting a response from them any day now. It's not just Optus, it's all retailers of these phones. They should be not be selling the original 18A batch at all. Huawei even told me a high percentage of this batch are affected, I wish I recorded the phone call. Though it can easily be demonstrated by the fact that some people on this forum have replaced their phones twice with 18A stock and are still having the same issue, which would be basically impossible without a high percentage of stock being affected.

Top Contributors