cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

@dacmo ha jokes on them, I forgot to pack its USB cable so now I have 2

Just got back with my new Mate 20 Pro ... I can't tell you what screen it has because the "firmware reading sysfs is disabled. Only partial info available" it seems I get all other info though, just not screen, now it just seems like your trying to hide something

IMG_20181122_142804.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Xalies I think I got one from the same batch yesterday with the SN 18B02, so it's the same batch then it should be a BOE screen. I'm on day 2 with my replacement and so far its working perfect, I even notice that the fingerprint reader is more accurate with this unit! My old unit with the LG panel always seem to fail to read my fingerprint but this BOE one gets it 95% of the time on the first try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Is the current process requires me to send my phone away before getting a replacement unit?

I'm travelling away next week and would like to know if I should deal with it when I come back or visit a store again. Not sure I should just cancel it... Such a shame, I do like this new phone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm in the same boat, going overseas next weekend for months .Definitely not gonna have to send my phone away with risk not having replacement back before departure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I think you both have to cancel the contract. 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It's looks like to me that I've seem to have got the worst Huawei Mate 20 Pro of them all. I haven't seen one photo of other people's green screen like mine. The phone is unlocked and on and I can't see anything on the screen at all received_190046141926515.jpeg

Daniel Misura
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My 2nd unit from optus now has developed this issue(not quit as bad as my last one). So will this be a send back and be without phone for weeks or can I wait till December when stores have unaffected stock and do a hand to hand swap?

Also I still haven't seen the freebuds and charger arrive. Got the email on the 6th Nov saying it was approved and should see them within 21 days And still nothing and speaking with huawei promotions they refuse to check on the status of the claim. Anyone else had any luck chasing their claim up? 

Screenshot_20181122_191457_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Hope this remains true lol $1599 for a green screen or repaired phone is crazy. Hopefull the new stock puts an end to this! 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just got a call from Huawei reps, they are sending new replacement to my place swapping the old one with the courier, I just filled the form with Ausdroid, seems Huawei are finally listening. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@C0rrupt3d same here. Still waiting on the buds and charger. Got the approved status on the 6th november. Wont tell me where its at. Everyone i spoke to in that department is quite grumpy too as if i owe them because im bothering them. Im close to getting irate. I will wait until this 21 days is over and they will get whats due to them. 

Faulty phone and now slow processing times. Definitely not dealing with huawei again. 

Still ok with my replacement phone at two weeks now but who knows when this will come out. Im still paranoid. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just got my third call from Huawei. This time they offered to pick up my phone, return it for assessment and deliver back a new one. As I am already going to do that with Optus tonight, I declined but they are going to call back in a week to see how it went and if Optus gave me another dud, I will take up their offer.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors