Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

[ Edited ]
swallowtail

@RadDan1982No that is completely false. Apart from the fact you mean 'affected' not 'effected', there are both L09 and L29 units with this fault (I have one of each, both with this issue on an LG panel). The L09 units are sold by telcos and have a single-SIM ROM loaded. The L29 is hardware identical but has a dual SIM ROM, and here in Aus are sold by Kogan, JB, and Mobileciti.

RadDan1982

IMG_0006.PNG

Daniel Misura

swallowtail

@RadDan1982Not sure what you are trying to show with that other than the hardware config of an LYA-L09...? This is an Optus thread. Optus only provide LYA-L09 as it is the single SIM 'telco' version. The LYA-L29 dual SIM version is not locked to Optus but comes with the same panels (do you need me to post a screenshot from my LYA-L29 showing the LG panel, with a picture of its green screen?). I would be very surprised if Optus are replacing faulty L09s with L29s, and even if they are, it is not that they are L29s that is the fix. In addition to getting rectification from Optus for my faulty L09 (I have returned it to Optus for assessment / cancellation), Huawei are sending a replacement for our faulty L29 that was purchased from JB - they would hardly be doing that if the L29s were not affected.

I repeat, your statement that the LYA-L29 is "non-effected" (sic) is false - and there is enough misinformation and confusion on this issue without additional blatantly incorrect information.

shinkumo

I just walked out from the optus store at point cook about getting one of the two mate 20 pro I have got, as I will be going overseas for months soon. They told me they cannot process on spot replacement, nor cancelling contract in shop and all needs to be done over phone, even after I've ask him to check their notice.

RadDan1982

Go have a cry then you've been sorted so why are you still on here 

Daniel Misura

[ Edited ]
dacmo

ryballs

@dacmo I have heard that is the case now, but I can't seem to find the notice. Can you link it? I can see why some people are confused, especially as Optus mod @PhilC was only just saying yesterday you may be able to get a replacement in store if stock is available. I find it amusing they went from no in-store replacement, to in-store replacement and now back to no in-store replacement. I don't really want to be without my phone over the weekend, but if that's what I'll have to do to get an unaffected device, then so be it.

[ Edited ]
dacmo

@ryballs the notice is the same place that @Dan_C showed in his screenshot (page 27 of this thread). It's on the Dashboard for the Optus staff to look at. I saw that it's the first item in the announcements. The only difference is that it now says *UPDATED*. When they click in the information inside gives the replacement process which is now a send back for a claim to be processed.

I think that @PhilC is wrong because the notice I read when the Optus staff was helping me process my claim was that stores are NOT allowed to do upfront replacement anymore. It's clearly written that if they do, the store will not be credited back for that unit.

ryballs

@dacmo Ah I get ya so the updated announcement is on their system, not here. Do you know if they will need the box and everything else returned as well? I only have the handset on me right now...

dacmo

@ryballs yes they asked for everything back which I was told is not normal because they usually just take the handset back.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
59 Kudos
19 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos