cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

charithap
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Thanks @huydtrann. So im assuming your device is having the issue as well.

0 Kudos
huydtrann
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@charithap Yep, noticed it straight out of the box but it was not so obvious at first. Started out as a slight shade difference along the right hand side of the screen, but worsened to being green and spread to more edges. You can test to see if your device is affected by going to a dark grey background (not black as AMOLED displays just turn off pixels when showing black) and then setting your phone to its lowest brightness setting and viewing it in a dark room.

This was my phone a few nights ago. 20181103_220421.jpg

0 Kudos
JamesJiang
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like cancel the contract is the best way for now, even if huawei replace another device for you. You won't know if it's better, the same, or worse. Then you'll need to do it again, but everytime it will take one or two weeks, so frustrating. I really hope optus can eventually come up with some real solution like we can exchange our device at  any optus retails if this happens again. 

0 Kudos
huydtrann
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@JamesJiang Based on the conversations I've had with Optus's service team, Optus won't do on-the-spot replacements unless Huawei explicitly instructs them to do so OR if you opted in for Optus's Device Protect Insurance. But you're right, if they had on-the-spot replacements with no questions asked like Vodafone UK or Huawei Finland, I would have never cancelled the contract.

0 Kudos
ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just bear in mind some there are people who have gotten their carrier to replace their phones multiple times and all have had the same issue..

0 Kudos
charithap
Contributor
Contributor

If that is the case @ryballs Huawei really should be issueing a recall

ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Tell me about it. Huawei seem to be thinking if they just ignore this it will go away. Phone owners have been complaining about this issue to them and their carriers since 27th October. That's 10 days and likely thousands of phones returned without any official response from Huawei.

What the hell is going on?

0 Kudos
SuperDryMan
New Contributor
New Contributor

Personally why I went with a known brand. My SGS9+ is amazing. The fractions of real world speed are not required when the phone is already butter smooth. Stick with iPhone or Samsung you won't have this issue.

0 Kudos
huydtrann
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@SuperDryMan although its the safer option now, you just assume there won't be problems with their phones in the future, just all depends on how the manufacturer and telcos deals with it.

Remember when Samsung had to recall all Galaxy Note 7's as they literally exploded into flames. Took them a month to decide to recall.

And also when the iPhone 4, it was riddled with problems. The cellular signal was decreased when you held it and Apples response was to offer bumper Case to prevent this. Also some buyers complained about discolouration of their screens too.

Those cases just gained more exposure and forced Samsung and Apple to do something and respond

Top Contributors