cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Maelfice
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

In relation to that, the BOE stock I got directly from Huawei have the Optus splash screen when it starts up and the Optus app preinstalled so it must have been taken from the Optus stock. 

So far there are no issues with the phone I got and I really hope it stays that way as I have started to set up all my stuff in it. I am starting to really appreciate this phone now after this green tint issue is over (or is it?). It really is a nice phone. Still wondering when will my preorder bonus arrive. Tempted to re-enter the claim again since I have a new IMEI and S/N but I might mess up the first bonus. 

Huawei haven't called me even though I have sent Ausdroid my info but thats probably because the replacement has been done already. 

ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Maelfice I've contacted Huawei directly to see if I can get a BOE phone too. By the way have you received any updates at all regarding the preorder bonus? I heard some people got a message saying 21 days. I still haven't gotten anything. 

0 Kudos
Maelfice
Contributor
Contributor

@ryballs hey mate yes I got that email on the same week I lodged the claim. 

In that email it will say something like - Claim Status: Approved and some reference numbers

and yes unfortunately it does say 21 days. best to follow up with them I guess. did you get a reference number when you did the claim on the website?

0 Kudos
MrYJDrake
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I got the same, saying within 21 days, and that I'd get an email from their handling company when the thing moved.

what is interesting, and possibly unrelated, is yesterday I got an eparcel show up in my AusPost tracker because it's going to my PO BOX, from a logistics company in Sydney.. "Bluestar Erskine Park". 

It might be something I've forgotten about, but I haven't ordered anything that I can think of, so I suspect that might be my freebies. 

Estimated delivery is Monday, so I guess I'll find out then, but for now the only thing I can think of it being is the Huawei Goodies.

Maelfice
Contributor
Contributor

Oh and regarding the BOE (sorry double post, I missed that part) I did ask for that but Huawei can't give guarantees if you will get a BOE or LG, although i think they know what stock to give you based on my conversations with them. They will open it though to inspect the phone if it has green tint so don't expect the phone box to be sealed when you receive it. I guess I got no choice so I agreed since its understandable. 

I hope you guys get a non faulty one as well. man i am still paranoid right now. That dimming of the brightness is still there whenever you shift to a white background though. Try it out when you get yours and let me know please. Say, open an app like the chrome browser or ebay. Make sure auto adjust brightness is turned off. I don't see anyone else commenting on that. I hope that is not something faulty haha. 

I still see a subtle dark shade on the edges when on white background but its not green. Im hoping its just the shadow of the bent glass and it seems like it so not  too flustered about it. 

ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If an OLED dims when displaying a white screen it is usually caused by an Automatic Brightness Limiter. I know OLED TVs use this to decrease power draw but until now have not heard of any phones using ABL.

Maelfice
Contributor
Contributor

Oh god I think we opened a can of worms lols.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/89n3ne/weird_auto_brightness_problem/

a quick search in google. 

Im gonna read this on my train ride home. 

0 Kudos
Xalies
Contributor
Contributor

@MrYJDrakeThats it. I got mine today from them. Didn't even get an email saying it was coming, just the approved one on the 6th. now all I have to do is wait for my phone to be returned or replacement 

dacmo
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @Xalies, so based on the tracking that they sent you on the claim, did they update it to say that it was shipped or does it not say anything there in the tracking. 

Mine still says "Your claim has been approved and we are currently processing your order.
We will contact you once your gift has been dispatched via the email address provided."

0 Kudos
MrYJDrake
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

If  @Xalies, and mine are the same, I got no notification of it shipping. It just says it's been approved and I'll be notified. 

The tracking number that popped up in my AusPost tracking began with JGN and shipped from Bluestar, so if that matches the same as what turned up for Xalies today, then they'll be the same thing.

Top Contributors