Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

ManChu

Update from my local store in country town Griffith 2680 NSW. I have a call back for take my phone back and send it back to factory. By the mean time I need to use my old HTC m10 now. No recontract no cancel no replace in store. But they are willing to help. Finally I don't see that horrible green light again in this forum. Eyes were hurt with those few days.

Anyway I dont know how will it end up. But I just don't want to have a so call high ended phone but with a bloody screen which is worse than my old HTC LCD. Horrible green tint even everyone can see it even at day time indoor shop. Even I turn the brightness to high and green glows stronger! I would advice everyone ordered this phone please check. I check at the 3rd day and I thought this is minor issue and maybe just people picky. But now the 11th day. Totally unacceptable. Please beware and say something out as we work hard and pay hard for a ducking damn green China phone for $1600. Please Australia stand up now!

davidle24

Went in to an Optus store, told them about the problem, showed the message from Dan_C on page 24.

For those having issues in store, I would think this link and this second link should settle things with staff that are unaware.

Sydar

Hello again,

Just an update on my very positive experience with Optus Store in Westfield Bonding Junction.  I went there yesterday afternoon as the Hurstville Optus Store basically refused to assist.

There was an issue and needs to be escalated. I received a call from Tatiana who helped me yesterday that the replacement is ready to be picked up.

I arrived in store after work and the phone was there ready for me.  When I finished the data transfer, it's already passed their 6 pm closing time.

I just want to thank Tatiana, Alex and the team at Bonding Junction and Dan here for all the help.  At the moment, there is no green tint on the new phone.  Hopefully, it is going to stay this way! Fingers Crossed!

Wandering

Hi there @Dan_C. Quick question. At this stage considering Huawei still isn't acknowledging the problem and there's no ETA on when theyll solve it I'm thinking I will cancel my contract and return to Voda so I can get the non pro model which isn't having issues and get this over and done with, with no cancel fees as per the yescrowd thread. My question though is regarding my phone number, how do I go about getting it ported back to Vodafone without any fees or without losing my number? From my understanding as soon as I cancel id lose my number. But if I port over first then it'd be charged to my account the full cancellation fee? Thanks for your help in trying to solve this anyway.

Wandering

I'll also add that it's Huawei that has tipped me over the line here, they replied to my FB message from 5 days ago with "Thanks for reaching out to us, our customer experience is paramount for HUAWEI. Whilst we are not aware of this issue in Australia, etc etc". So they're still refusing to acknowlege it is why I'm done with it.

Cenling40

Thanks for the update.

Did U check if your model is still using LG panel.

Sydar

Unfortunately, the display is still manufactured by LG.  According to Optus employee, all the stocks they have at the moment have LG as the display manufacturer.  They are not sure when BOE display units are going to arrive.

Cenling40

Thanks for the quick reply.

Keep us updated if it does not have any green tint issue after a while

Cheers

Sydar

Will keep you all updated! Cheers.

Maelfice

I have sent my bit of news to Ausdroid. Anything to help people be aware of the horrible experience we got from dealing with Huawei and Optus. There is no option to attach pictures though. But at any rate, we need to be heard and taken seriously. $1500 is not something you magically conjure from air. If we are paying this premium price, we need to be treated accordingly. I've had no such issues with Apple. They have excellent customer service and will reasonably replace your phone on the spot in their stores if they indeed see the fault. That's what we pay for the premium price. Huawei only takes your money but will not deliver what is expected of them. If only I didn't prefer android OS over IOS, I would have stayed with Apple. 

My replacement phone from Huawei is going to arrive today. It took me several calls and chats and complaints to get as far as this. Lucky there is one supervisor who helped me out amidst all the frustrations. Im not getting my hopes high but will post here any updates if it is also defective or not and what panel is the replacement having. Huawei called me yesterday and they have no idea if the stock is fault free. They however asked for permission if they can open the box just to check if the phone does not have that green tint. I do not think it will show on the first time you open it. It takes a couple of days usage before it starts to become evident and gets worse after that. 

@Dan_C

I know you are off yesterday. Just in case you missed my previous post, I just wanted to ask that if the replacement phone I got from Huawei is also defective and i want to cancel the contract instead of going through the whole replacement process again, will I have no issues with Optus given that IMEI and S/N have now changed? Will Huawei have updated that automatically with you guys? Do I need to call before hand and request it to be updated? Thanks. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
20 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos