cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Sydar
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

I went to Hurstville store just then, no luck.  The staff there checked their communications portal and said they have not received any communications and refused to take down my details to provide me with an update or give me any confirmation that this issue will be dealt with.

I have sent a PM to @Dan_C so hopefully, he could look into this communication issue.

New Contributor Yansian
New Contributor

Went on chat today and was told to go in store to cancel so went to Carindale optus who said I had to call to cancel. But the number they gave me is closed on Sundays.

Contributor charithap
Contributor

Had a bit of progress today. Went in and they offered all the mentioned options and I opted for the recontract to a Note9, because screw you Hauwei im done with your bs. Anyway the guy was super helpful but he still had to fill out a form to send to Sales Support which detailed what my decision was. Only after he gets back approval over the next few days can I go back to get my new phone and hand back the Mate 20. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've replied back to your private message @Sydar

Incase anyone runs into any issues, I've attached a screenshot of how the annoucment appears in the system.

Under Must Read

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor davidle24
New Contributor

@charithap

"Anyway the guy was super helpful but he still had to fill out a form to send to Sales Support which detailed what my decision was. Only after he gets back approval over the next few days can I go back to get my new phone and hand back the Mate 20. "

Ah so it's not an on the spot cancel and get the new phone process.

0 Kudos
Contributor GibsonG
Contributor

Hey Dan, I give the device back to store in Saturday morning and they issued a Boomerang DOA/ELF Exchange/Refund receipt for me and collected my device, since it was Saturday, and you post the options on Sunday, my device could be sent on next Monday, my question is, will my claim to be approved and the contract can be canceled as long as they get it? if not, what should I do, please advise, thanks. The store staff called my on Saturday afternoon and said I can resign a new phone if I come on Monday or Tuesday, I don’t think they will cooperate and help me to process the new policy to cancel my contract.

0 Kudos
Contributor Ry21
Contributor

You are lucky if you can get an on the spot replacements or change another phone. They still have to send the phone away receive it, 'assess' it then waive off your handset repayment. To me I think they are trying to find fault of user. I'll see how my cancellation goes.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @GibsonG, I just want to make sure that I'm across this one.

You've handed back the phone on Saturday.

They've advised that it will be sent back to our warehouse for assessment. We've said that once we've received the handset, we'll discuss your options?

They've then called you up and offered a recontract or cancellation? 

I don’t think they will cooperate and help me to process the new policy to cancel my contract.

They don't have a choice. This is listed as a major failure and you're entitled to cancel or recontract if you wish.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Sydar
Occasional Contributor

Hello all!

Some good news.  I went to the Optus Store in Westfield Bondi Junction, staffs there have been very helpful.  Tatiana helped me process the replacement, however, there was an issue with the system accepting the new IMEI number.  She raised the issue with Broomarang team through email (but they do not operate on weekends) and will contact me tomorrow to pick up the replacement.  She even offered to check for green tint and replace with another one if the replacement is faulty as well.  Good job!

I guess if the store you go to cannot help, maybe try another one.  I took @Dan_C ‘s advice and went to one of the langer and more flagship store and the staffs clearly know much more on how to deal with these matters and willing to help.

I’ll keep you updated!

Cheers!

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Awesome news! Thanks for the update @Sydar.

I'm glad the team in-store were helpful Smiley Very Happy 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors