cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

@GibsonG Sorry, I dont really have anymore info on how I cancelled, but my device was opened and also used for a few days.

The article I linked says that if a device has been opened and used, Optus do have the right to charge you any extra fees (maybe for depreciation having opened the device or if its damaged) and will be billed to your debit card. But that is where I demanded that there be no additional charges or fees as the device is known to have a manufacturing fault.

I mean the cancellation option is right there on the Optus website, and would be ridiculous if they refuse to cancel. Its just up to them to decide whether you will be charged any additional fees.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you, you are the hero, ill try it with store staff tomorrow, it must end tomorrow, thanks mate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@GibsonG be wary if you ordered online, most staff instore will insist you go to online chat or call up online sales for a cancellation. Some optus stores are owned by private individuals and will refuse your cancellation as that specific store never sold you the contract same thing goes with on-the-spot refunds—might have something to do with quotas, sales numbers, or cancellation rates.

You might have more luck at their bigger stores in the CBD. Not too sure which store is their flagship store but i guess you can ask any optus staff for that info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@huydtrann thanks so much. I finish work at 2 am in the morning ll try after that as it's 24/7 service,. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I pre-ordered with Optus store, they sent the contract to my email address already, I checked the contract, it says something about the cancellation, that is you have to pay the remaining cost if you cancel, this makes me so confused. And if I order the phone in a particular store, then I have to go to the same store to cancel the contract, am I right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@GibsonG wouldnt be able to give you any advice because i only ordered online, just speaking from experience I was very quickly brushed away when i went instore to ask for cancellation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, many thanks to you, I will try my best tomorrow and keep everyone updated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Tried so hard early this morning,contact three different agents, coz my phone is in boomerang already, at this stage, can't change anything until boomerang team comfirm it's a manufacturer problem, as long as they did, I can change the plan and also the phones. But coz I am going away from this Sunday, so for me, 14 days won't working anymore.

Strong recommend that we you go to the store ask for cancellation, show them the 14 days police page, lots of them never heard about it or said its no longer available  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

So I just joined the green tint club 😢. Is there any official updates yet from optus or huawei about replacements? Don't really want to be sending my phone off to "repairs" on a practically new phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@Rizky89you can wait for Dan Optus rep to give us a resolution or U can just try cancel your contract demanding no charges

Top Contributors