cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor GibsonG
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

From Optus store owner's opinion, huawei think we are just too picky, they will never admit this is an issue. I showed him my YinYang screen, image tail and green tint, he contact huawei guy directly…huawei also think people are treating huawei differently, Samsung exploded then recall, people don’t blame Samsung for delayed behavior, Apple has battery issue, people don’t blame apple, faulty means the issue could lead to dangerous or huge result, but green tint is not big deal, they will never admit that’s a fault.

0 Kudos
Contributor Ry21
Contributor

@GibsonG how is that not an issue as you see my screen is showing even on bright light. So I am supposed to carry around a tinted green phone? I questioned the Huawei rep. How is it not an issue when it is an issue around the world? Are they blind or something? 

0 Kudos
Contributor Ry21
Contributor

Ok they going to be ignorant . I'll do the favour of putting every link there is with pictures of all phones and email Huawei since they are lazy to do the research.

0 Kudos
Contributor CAELIA
Contributor

https://androidcommunity.com/huawei-mate-20-pro-with-faulty-green-screen-can-be-replaced-20181105/ 

This is a link about the green screen problem on android community, they explain all. 

0 Kudos
Contributor GibsonG
Contributor

They are refusing to provide positive solution on purpose, otherwise they will have to pay tons of compensation, that’s why in China they are using KOL to release the news that they will replace and refund, since Australia has no physical huawei store, they can hide and kick the ball, at the mean time they are preparing stock to replace, it takes time, but I believe they will replace for everyone, anyway, I’ll quit huawei and Optus after 2 years contract, I wanna say F*** them and I feel shame on Huawei.

Occasional Contributor huydtrann
Occasional Contributor

Guys, keep trying on cancelling the contract, I’ve had success in cancelling my contract with all fees and charges waived. Go onto chat or call them and explain:

1. The situation; faulty device straight out of the box and through no fault of your own. It’s a very common issue with the model of phone and with Huawei 

2. You have the right to cancel the contract and get a refund within 14 days of start of contract as per ttheir website (https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/making-changes-to-an-order?requestType=NormalRequest&id...)

3. Do not accept any extra charges or fees they try to slap on as the device has a manufacturing fault.

It took me a few days but I was able to get A cancellation. Don’t forget to be polite to the person you’re chatting with, remember the people you’re chatting with or talking to only follow protocol and cannot really help you unless they ask their supervisor or manager, and being rude doesn’t help your case.

Good Luck and hope you can get out before the 14 days are up.

Contributor GibsonG
Contributor

I have read the article about return/cancel policy, it looks like you can only cancel the contract before you receive the package, once you received, if you opened the package, optus have right to charge you. 14 days are for return only. Do you have more information about how you canceled the contract?

0 Kudos
Contributor CAELIA
Contributor

this is the second cancel case as i know has beengo through, i will try tonight after work see how am going.     

0 Kudos
Contributor CAELIA
Contributor

@huydtrann hi sorry to bother you but can I get more information from yoh please 

Are you an online order or in store order, which chat team you r going with? Billing or technical, did you get it cancelled by phone or chat? Thanks so much.

The other cancellation case as I know was a in store order, cancelled trough online chat, the phone has been used 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor huydtrann
Occasional Contributor

@CAELIA I ordered online, chatted with technical team and got the cancellation there, but called up one more time to confirm my cancellation was with "all fees and charges waived". Im not too sure if true but you might have more luck in the morning that late at night with chats. I found there was significantly less wait times during the morning but that might just be me though.

If you are able to cancel, dont forget to ask if you are able to keep your phone number, as well as when you are able to port to a new provider.

Top Contributors