cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor C0rrupt3d
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Can confirm that I have got the LG display in my replacement. Display seems good at the moment but will have to wait and see what it's like after a few days as the last one became really bad on the 4th day and got worse from there.  Will keep yous posted. 

Occasional Contributor ManChu
Occasional Contributor

The letest new from Huawei. They said Lg oled is the problem. They will now only use BOE display and what to do with the Lg led mate 20 pro is brong it back and they will swap the NON- LG mate 20 pro for them. I think Optus should do the recall of all LG mate 20 pro and swap this with Huawei. Same happen to the explosive NOTE 7. Can Optus refuse to refund or chance over and say: this is no problem mate and you can keep using it without explosion? Optus, time to talk with Huawei now. 

Contributor Ry21
Contributor

@ManChugranted that most of the reported cases are LG screens, however there are a few with BOE screens too. Sigh

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@ManChu That sounds promising. Would you be able to provide a link for the source of this info?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor ManChu
Occasional Contributor

https://ek21.com/news/2/3599/

Please do translation from google

0 Kudos
Contributor CAELIA
Contributor

I contacted optus FB, and then the guy send me a link of this yes crowd page, say I can find more on this, I think he even didn't check the whole reviews before he send to me.

Also contacted huawei hicare this morning, as long as they know I send phone to optus warranty  they don't wanna escalate my case, they said just do with optus as its under optus contract.

But I told them optus has no idea wots going on and even can't trust them if they can do the right test, after all huawei said they ll escalate it and contact me

Very very disappointed  

0 Kudos
Contributor GibsonG
Contributor

just came back.from optus store, the store manager has personal contact with huawei, he said huawei is providing BOE panel phones for the replacement, his store will get some this afternoon and will.call.me.tomorrow to pick up, regarding to cancellation, he said if this phone has issues for 3 times in a row, then you have right to cancel. Huawei will not admit this is a faulty issue, they will call this minor problem but not faulty. I will update when I get the replacement, he promised huawei has tested all of those BOE phones. the optus store owner said its because of.his personal relationship, im wondering what if other store can not do.this? I guess optus will announce the solution soon.

Contributor CAELIA
Contributor

@GibsonG hi may i know which store you went to please?

0 Kudos
Contributor Ry21
Contributor

@GibsonG thanks for taking your time and have this sorted.. hope other Optus stores will do this too.. let us know how it went.. for Huawei to test the unit. Does it mean they know which model number has BOE screens and which has LG? Or they open a brand new to test it.. let us know if U get brand new..

Contributor GibsonG
Contributor

Huawei knows everything, they have picked BOE devices out of the pool for the replacement, sorry guys I cant tell you which store is it but I will definetly update tomorrow, store owner/manager contact huawei guy in front of me and said the store will get some brand New BOE handsets, i need to return all accessories and package tomorrow. This behaviour is between that store and huawei, not through optus, but boomerang will provide BOE device soon, Huawei is picking BOE new, told by store guy.

Top Contributors