Hey guys, just a quick heads up.
I'm going to merge the two threads we have on this one.
Bit the bullet and took my phone back to Optus shop. Hopefully they fix it permanently as I would rather not go through this again.
I have also reported this both to huawei and optus.
1. Huawei - i was escalated to a team that handles this and they will get back to me asap .they seem to be aware of the issue .
2. Optus - spoke to a rep via webchat and advised i should go to a store to have it checked and maybe replace.
I hurriedly went to the store and reported. The rep did see the green tint issue and offered me three options which are really not too promising.
1. Return the device to them in which case i have to wait 5 days for someone to get back to me and i guess this is the standard process where they will try to repair. I'm not going to pay $1500 to get an opened (repaired) phone.
2. Get their customer service to send me a prepaid satchel within 1 business day and return the device to them .once they see the issue themselves i can then get a brand new stock from the store.
3. Wait for huawei's response or return the device to huawei in which case i still retain contracts with optus and i am still eligible for their exchange phone offer.
1 and 2 doesnt seem promising since i might just end up getting a phone with the same issue as i might just be getting a phone from the same batch of faulty phones.
In this case i think i will just wait for huawei to respond to me first and deal with them .
I am a new customer that have been with telstra for 9 years .finally decided to move to optus and ive had so much problems already. first with my order, I was asked to place the order 4 times as each order i did was either missing or had a mistake on optus end .i finally got the phone and i thought the stress is all over and now this. I am so frustrated. They havent resolved my first issue yet as nobody has gotten back to me with the promised resolution. If it were not for the phone i would have just left and forgot the whole thing. At this rate i might have to resort to TIO. can someone in optus help me for real .
Sad to say but it does as you keep using it. It used to be just on white background. now it even shows on top of games and videos i watch. Like some sort of discoloration. Its getting wider too.
Does anyone know how to check who the screen manufacturer is? I understand there's some by LG and some BOE. I tried the app DevCheck but I can't see it stated anywhere.
@charithap need to download an app called "Device Info HW" on Play Store. From there you can see which touchscreen display you have
@Dan_C I would tell you what the store is going to do with my phone but they were unable to process the return while I was there. Apparently they couldn't find my IMEI on their system so they tried to tell me to come back another time. I told them to hang onto my phone until it appears on their system then submit it themselves. So yeah other than that I have no idea what is happening, didn't even get a reference number. Hopefully it doesn't get lost. As I have bugger all faith in the Optus returns process and Huawei Finland have started just straight up replacing phones, I probably should have waited.
The app tells me mine is BOE, if I read it right. So I guess its not just limited to LG panels. Please if there is any update, post it here asap.
BTW there is another issue that I am not sure you guys are experiencing as well. I have mentioned it earlier. The screen kinda flickers as if its losing brightness and about to turn off. I notice this when shifting from a dark background to a white one. The auto brighness is turned off so its definitely not that one. This has been reported as well in one of the forums I have read.