Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Maelfice
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

I guess this is one of the reasons why Huawei is not allowed to enter in America? I have a lot of Xiaomi phones and not once I had an issue with them. Huawei charging a premium flagship price for a lemon phone... ugh the frustration

0 Kudos
GibsonG
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Dan, thank you for your effort, if you have a look at Chinese media, you will know that there is already a solution for green tint phone in China. Huawei service centre can refund OR replace for you if your device has green tint. LG51,LG46 and BOE all have green tint issue, thats why huawei has to allow customer to refund, please ask them why Huawei Australia treating us like this since we have exactly same issue? its cheating if huawei think we can not get information from China.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Ah, right. 

@GibsonG, do you have a link to an article? I'll take note of the LG51,LG46 and BOE displays. 

I'll forward on this new information to product. 

A quick Google search shows that Huawei Finland is set to replace green-tinted handsets.

I'll forward on this new information to product. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ryballs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Dan_C The Optus store said it's up to Boomerang whether to replace or repair a faulty device, how do I ensure I get back a brand new (not refurbished or repaired) handset within a reasonable timeframe? If I give you the BASC number, once I can finally get one, will you be able to make sure this happens? 

0 Kudos
GibsonG
Contributor
Contributor

Dan, im not sure if anyone in your team could read Chinese? ill send you the link https://m.hupu.com/bbs/24243140.html

the green tint issue is originally came from this website/app, it is called Hupu, turn night mode and low light, you see green edge in this app. Every store and service centre of Huawei in China is refunding for no condition now, thats why i said Huawei australia is cheating us. Huawei has no official comment but using KOL to spread infomation, how tricky it is.

GibsonG
Contributor
Contributor

https://m.hupu.com/bbs/24248624.html

I forgot to say its no condition to refund in 7 days, check this out, all of us got this phone only5-6 days.now

0 Kudos
Ry21
Contributor
Contributor

Appalling chat with Optus chat.. @Dan_C I've tried the devcheck app. Under where I can see the screen type..

Anyways Screenshot_20181107_143642_au.com.optus.selfservice.jpgScreenshot_20181107_143846_au.com.optus.selfservice.jpgScreenshot_20181107_144112_au.com.optus.selfservice.jpgScreenshot_20181107_153437_au.com.optus.selfservice.jpgScreenshot_20181107_153445_au.com.optus.selfservice.jpg

0 Kudos
JamesJiang
Contributor
Contributor

After contact Huawei online rep again today and after seen all those reply in this thread, i think i will just cancel the contract and wait until official statement made until the problem sovled and new batch of product released. it's a nightmare, made me headache...

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey guys, just another quick update.

All devices will be supported under the DOA/ELF process either in store, or through our contact centre . The devices will be replaced with a brand-new device under the standard DOA/ELF process. 

The store will be able to confirm if they can replace the device on the spot.

The faulty devices will be sent back to our warehouse for assessment. We're hoping to collect a number of example, in order for Huawei to perform a further anlaysis.

We'll continue to update as more information comes in. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JamesJiang
Contributor
Contributor

that's a really really really good news. will do it tomorrow. hopefully more updates will come soon. Thanks Dan

0 Kudos
Top Contributors