Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Maelfice

On the edges? Hmmm not me although there is the sort of subtle blue greyish shadow on the edges when on white background. But it looks like the shadow of the bent glass. It does look normal.

ryballs

I can live with a subtle bluish grey. As long as it isn't bright radioactive green I'm happy.

Dazkatmaka11

It seems to be the entire screen, happens probably once sometimes twice every ten times I go to recent apps.

Maelfice

Hasn't happened to me before. It sounds more like a software issue. Maybe a reset? Hope it gets fixed. This phone will never give us peace of mind haha.

[ Edited ]
Sami_G

@Maelfice lol agreed! Huawei is lucky there's no other phone like the mate 20pro on the market right now otherwise I'm sure a lot more of us would opt out and go for a different handset.

It's like when U know ur girlfriend is way out of Ur league so U put up with her bs! 😅

Kugelfisch

The tint gets really bad and spreads across the whole phone when my battery is under 10%. Sometimes my screen even flashes white a few times as if someone is taking photographs of me from my own phone..... 

When fully charged it's only slightly noticeable at the very edge. 

Maelfice

@Dazkatmaka11

https://youtu.be/gTV2oLF3sTI

This guy i often watch for phone reviews notice the dimming issue on mate 20 pro. Looks like it really is intended. 

ryballs

Got my replacement Mate 20 Pro delivered from Huawei today. Is from the 18B02 batch so I assume it is BOE, although they have disabled reading sysfs so I cannot tell for sure. Seems fine so far.

Decided to try the FreeBuds and only one was working out of the box. Managed to get both working via an update and factory reset. First changed the ear nibs for a higher quality set coz the provided ones are kinda crappy. While they initially sounded muddy at the high end, after boosting treble via EQ they now sound great. Getting used to using Google Assistant to skip track. Would've preferred having a gesture for this, however the assistant does come in handy for making calls. Overall I'm very happy with the FreeBuds, especially for free.

Anyway hopefully this is the end of my problems with Optus and Huawei products. Thanks for coming along for the ride guys. Hope it works out for you too. 

windclouddr
contact huawei twice, they asked me to go back to Optus to claim. When Optus store 4 times already, they finally took my phone to send away for assessment, waiting for a replacement to come.

Hari_30

Huawei reps contacted me and arranged a pickup on Wednesday last week,

I got a new phone delivered today with Lg poled panel.

So far it is good, need to see after few weeks if it remains good.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
34 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos