Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

[ Edited ]
ryballs

@Dan_C Thanks for your help with this. As my previous post got inexplicably deleted, was wondering if you could clarify some things about the official statement.

"After analysis of a sample of Huawei Mate20 Pro returns conducted by Huawei and Optus we have confirmed that all units tested exhibited the green tint to varying degrees." <- Does this mean it's likely most Mate 20 Pro handsets sold by Optus suffer from this issue to some degree? What percentage are we talking about here? 

"We can confirm that the failure doesn't inhibit the issue of the handset" <- Is this meant to say "doesn't inhibit the use of the handset"? Because if so that's just simply untrue. People often use their phone in dark at low brightness, whether that be before they go to bed or during a night out. Some phones are so bad you can even see it during the day. The resulting green tint makes it difficult to do things like editing photos and is very distracting. It's completely unacceptable on a $1600 phone. 

"We will continue to offer a replacement from good stock" <- I have seen many people on here saying their replacements still have the same issue. Could you please tell me how I can obtain a replacement from good stock?

C0rrupt3d

Saying it only ever happens when brightness is set to zero is false and seems like huawei and optus are still downplaying the issue. Most people I showed including a person from an optus store could clearly see the green tint in daylight with the brightness bar set to just over halfway and with a white background. The reason I returned the first one was it was terrible for editing photos in the middle of the day due to the green tint not just at zero brightness and dark background. Keeping my fingers crossed this new one doesn't end up with the same issue. 

Yansian

I agree, the green tint issue was most annoying during daylight, full brightness, as the top half of the screen is a different hue to the cooler bottom half of the screen. It's as bad as a dead/stuck pixel, you can't help but notice it once you realise it's there.

Flurocity

ryballs

@Flurocity Thanks for link. I disagree with the statement that "Optus appear to be working to ensure supplies of unaffected stock" though. To date the only replacement procedure I've seen provided by Optus is to keep replacing until you get one that isn't affected. Some people on here have had their phones replaced twice and are still having the same issue. How do I ensure my replacement from Optus is from unaffected stock? Did I miss some new process? 

Phil1993

having lodged my replacing application for moren than 10 days but not reveive my new phone yet. just wondering usually how long does the replacement process takes?

Xalies

@Phil1993 I took mine into a store one the 10th and I asked dan last night to look into it and he said I should have not replacement by mid next week .. so hopefully Wednesday

Phil1993

I dropped my phone into a store on 7th. hopefully I will receive my new handset by the next friday, otherwise I will choose to cancel my plan.

IOANNik

Hi @Dan_C, can you please have a look at the message 445 about how long this issue would be acknowledged by Optus. I've been through almost entire thread and believe this query has been brought up in different ways a couple of times. Can you please respond?

Sami_G

Hey guys! Seems like I am also a victim of this screenbissue. although not as bad as some reported here. can definitely see the green tint in dark and low brightness Smiley Sad

I read some people got in touch with Huawei directly vs Optus store. 

Which is better/more efficient??

I only got mine a few days ago too !!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
18 Kudos
13 Kudos