Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Prox

@Dan_C would also like to confirm that we can wait until late December to swap out Mate 20 Pro with one of the newer batches? I'm happy with my contract, and can live with my current phone for now - I'd just like a replacement phone with a better screen once they're available Smiley Happy

JamesJiang

@Dan_C @ryballs @Ry21 @Maelfice

I chatted to few KOLs and ready a lot of posts in China, here is some information that maybe helpful

See in the pic there's a S/N number on the box, from the sixth digit see the number 18A12, means the phone was manufacted on Oct 12 2018. A means Oct, B means Nov. Now if you going to a store to get a replacement one or just want to buy another one, choose the S/N number that AFTER 18B05 (produced after Nov 5th), then the chance you will get a green tint screen will be minimized. That's the only way to identify the phone before you opened the box. If you open the box, then download "Device info HW", if the touchscreen is BOE then you should be fine, if it's LG then after few days it may happen again. Or if you can wait just wait till next month all the stocks should be ok by then. Hope this will help104489025.jpg

ryballs

@JamesJiang Thanks for the info. So where did you get the info that next months stock will be ok?

By the way, Ausdroid has recently emailed myself and others stating that Huawei would like to contact us.

If everyone could please complete this form, it will allow Huawei to contact you directly regarding this issue.

MrYJDrake

I got the same email from Ausdroid, thanks for pasting the link here, saved me the effort of doing so. 

Interesting to see what, if anything comes from it. 

Maelfice

Yep, happily filled it out. Its amazing how these companies react when media steps in. Scared of bad publicity?

So the replacement I got is from the October batch. I am really expecting this to turn green in a few days. Definitely ruins the experience. Don't know if I should even pursue this phone anymore. I will just be paranoid whenever I look at the screen even if I do get a non-faulty phone. 

JamesJiang

@ryballs lots of  KOL informed that Huawei has already stopped makeing mate20 pro and new prodution line will take over from 20th of Nov. Guess from next month the new stock will be fine. But still check the S/N number, that will help

CAELIA

i got email from optus warehosue said for arrange a replacement, but i dont wanna that, just wanna cancel it      @

dacmo

So I walked into a larger Optus store today as recommended by @Dan_C and of course the first thing they said was that they had to wait for Huawei to acknowledge the problem until I told them to check the announcement posted by @Dan_C. So after logging in to check and read the announcement it was all good but I had to wait for them to see if the latest boxes that arrived today had Mate 20 Pros in them and unfortunately they didn't. On a side note, I'm quite surprised that Optus staff don't actually read the announcements until asked to by a customer.

So, essentially I will have to wait to see if they receive them on Friday. The guy who was serving me was pleasant and helpful. He took down my number and I hope that he will call as expected on Friday to let me know. We'll see. 

Hopefully the new stock will be something from a B serial number or something. Fingers crossed.

Ry21

I'll happily fill the form lol but I don't need Huawei to contact me anymore.. they done twice, once was when I sent photos on their Facebook Messenger the other is I email them to their email on their warranty card.. sending them links and pictures and stuff. I just want them to acknowledge the issue but both times, we can't do anything and suggested me go back to Optus.. 

ryballs

@Ry21 I understand your frustration with them however I think the goal of this form is exactly what you're after, for Huawei to finally acknowledge the issue. That's my take on it anyway.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
13 Kudos