Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

MrYJDrake

Hey @Heldan - honestly it’s a good phone. 

Just make sure when when you get it, the serial number has a value greater than 18B. 

If its 18A then it’s probably got a dodgy screen. 18B, c etc should be good screens. 

And even if if it does come dodgy, you’ve got 30 days, and green screen would show itself inside a week. 

Can recommend, it’s worth the shot 

KiTTyXD

The Faulty ones should be no longer around. Majority of the Faulty have been replaced including mine. My Mate 20 pro has been amazing since replaced and still would recommend to get. 

Heldan

oh thanks mate. We can check this serial number before buying it ? I thought I have to wait to get home, download an app meant to show up wich screen it is 

Highlighted

MrYJDrake

Yep the serial number is on the side of the box. One of the barcodes. Just ask to see it before they complete the sale to you 

Heldan

It's bloody good advice thanks mate!

Neets

I've had this phone two months & it's now showing this green issue. Optus will only send it away (because ive had it longer than 30 days) & they don't offer loan phones. They weren't very helpful at all & ignored all my suggestions like can you ring up someone & find out. No ?

Basically I can't be without a phone while they send this one away. 😡

Heldan

You had the LG one ? why you didn't change it before the 30 days end 

Andain123

To anyone trying to get Mate 20 pro optus are still selling the defective devices. I had the worst experience in my life. I am a phone geek and keep changing my phone. First few mate 20 pro were from overseas so I though this time I would get Australian stock. Got it through harvey on 14 Jan and phone was delivered to me on 16. On 21 I saw sudden glimpse of green tint although the display was from Boe and on 22 'completely green. Talked to web chat and was told since it was within 30 days, I can take it to any optus store for replacement. Went to Optus store Miranda. The lady rep there refused to claim warranty since I got it from Harvey. I called optus and even they talked with them but they were so rude and were only concentrating on people who wants new plan. Such a worst store, I basically spend my 2 hours trying to make them understand. I have escalated this issue with optus and I hope optus takes necessary actions towards that particular store. 

Pete_

Forget dealing with Optus. They are absolutely useless and will just stall. Go straight to the TIO and lodge a complaint. You'll have it dealt with within a week. Optus kept me in limbo for over a month. They are a joke. 

Andain123

To be honest i got it in a really good deal and I really like the phone. All I want is a good working phone. I don't know if it's too much to ask. To anyone wondering it's a $63 plan for 24 months for 30gb

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
36 Kudos
21 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos