Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Richard0220

I've tried contacting huawei but they told me to go to optus. Optus has a new policy in which I can switch directly in store and get new phone straight away If I return it less than a momth. Im on my 2nd phone with optus both phone were from "unaffected batch" but I got green screen on both. Both phones were LG display. Does anyone know if it is possible to tell if the disay is Boe or LG from the box?  

Dazkatmaka11

@Richard0220 check for 18B in the middle of the serial number that should be a BOE.

Richard0220

Thanks @Dazkatmaka11. I'm planning on going to the bigger stores in Sydney or chatswood and ask for one with a Boe screen. 

gmlney

I have one with the 18B2 in the serial number, but get the green lines on each side of the screen.

Dazkatmaka11

@gmlney That's interesting, have you checked with Device info HW app, sounds like it should be a BOE. But you can check just make sure. I'm not sure what Optus are doing about replacement process now.

gmlney

What an I looking for?

Dazkatmaka11

In the general section there will be.. Touchscreen, it should say synaptic Layla 171300 BOE 02 18 00 61

gmlney

It has Layla 171300 BOE 02 18 00 61, so it should be OK but I get the green lines.

Highlighted

MrYJDrake

OK. So it's been fun, but my issue seems almost resolved. 

Here's the whole story: 

• Pre ordered the phone. 
  • It was impacted by green screen, but it wasn't critical so I didn't go back to optus straight away to allow them to actually develop a process for dealing with the issue and replacing. 
  • My circumstances meant I couldn't afford any downtime, not having a phone for a few days meant I might miss out on work, and taking time off during the day to go into a store, could cost me several hundred dollars. 
  • In the past with another Telco, I was able to lodge a warranty claim (which this should have classed as), and because I was paying for the insurance, a new phone was sent out, and I had 14 days to return the original one. 
  • After bouncing between Optus, and AusDroid's Huawei contacts, I got fed up. 
  • Following the advice of someone on this thread who'd gotten exactly the resolution I was after, I lodged a TIO complaint. 
  • Then I got a call from Francesca from Optus, who had been asked to call me by Huawei. After telling me it wasn't possible, she then made me the offer for exactly what I had asked for. Amazing! 
  • Then I got a call from Adriana from the Optus TIO team.. I'd advised her that the new phone had arrived, filled her in on the Entire saga. 
  • Now I have a new phone that's not displaying the Greenscreen issue. I've returned my phone to Optus, but because of christmas delays and whatnot, I'm just waiting on confirmation it's been recieved back. 

In the end, the solution I wanted, even if it took far too long to get. 

Thanks to all who contributed, and who helped. A great learning opportunity for Optus here, and for Huawei. 

Big thanks to Francesca who helped me even though she shouldn't have because I told her I lodged a TIO complaint. A big thanks to Adriana who got in touch and actually made me feel a lot better about the situation. Thanks to @Dan_C who was a great help at the beginning of this issue, and then just vanished into thin air. And a big Get effed to the manager of the Melbourne Central store who was rude and really managed to get under my skin, quite an impressive feat. 

Heldan

Hi guys, my phone is about to cark it. I want to get the mate 20 pro but it looks like a lottery to get a proper functional one.
I'm kind of wondering if it worth to try ?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
34 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos