Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Kan16

Thanks mate. 

Touch screen - synaptics-LAYA171300-BOE-02-18-00-61

Seem I am ok?

Dazkatmaka11

@Kan16 hopefully that's the same as mine, no issues had it for 2 weeks now.

tuloks

I think I might ask for 2nd replacement from Huawei the screen uniformity issues I have is getting worst. I have used OLED tools to determine it. I can really see it's not uniform in some colors especially light grey. I have BOE 18B02 batch. This is not normal and it's annoying.

Can somebody please confirm for those who have batches 18B02 BOE do you have issue as well?

This Friday marks my 2 weeks after I have received my replacement direct from HUAWEI.

NSipos

Happy to say I took my phone into Optus Rundle Mall on Thursday evening and was able to pick my phone up today. So a great turn around. 

Confirmed it's a BOE screen. So hopefully I'm all good from now on. 

My LG had the issue after only a few days, so IllI just have to wait and see. 

Thanks all for the info you've been posting. All in all itit been helpful.

Sami_G

Hopefully this will be my last post on this threat!

As a final update, I'm on my 2nd week with my replacement handset (18B02. BOE screen). So far no issues at all! Fingers crossed it stays this way.

I have used uniformity tool OLED tools and everything seems fine too. Even on grey screen.

Good luck to all still getting their phone replaced/fixed.

EZ1

Last Thursday--Toll picked up 

Last Friday--Received and assessed(Confirmed green tint)

Tuesday--Contacted Huawei and promise I'll receive the replacement by Thursday.

Thursday--Contacted again and promise I'll receive an update by Saturday.

Contact directly to Huawei

Roadhound status stuck on assessed shown on last Friday.

SiriX

@EZ1 your story sounds very similar to mine...

Sent last Thursday, recieved & processed/fault confirmed by Roadhound on Monday, sent to Huawei Head Office on Monday, received by them on Tuesday, ... Crickets chirping ..., I followed up Thursday and eventually got an Express Post tracking number for my supposed replacement  although the tracking info has bother other than it being picked up and processed in a facility in Strathfield, doesn't have source or destination info, and no ETA... Although should be here today/Monday based on the Express Post factor... Assun8it was sent to me and.not someone else. 

Highlighted

Troz

Got my replacement from Huawei (bypassed optus). Turn around was 1 week including weekend. 

I got the BOE replacement and seems to be working well. 

I only sent the phone back, Huawei returned a whole new phone in box with accessories. Got another fast charger and cable (plus wired earphones etc). Pretty happy with the result, figure a freebie is worth it considering the trouble. 

swallowtail

Well 5 weeks after returning my green Mate 20 Pro to Optus and asking for cancellation, I have still had no action taken, and I'm still getting charged for the phone, despite promises of action from Dan_C.

Ombudsman complaint has been lodged at tioonline.com.au, so will see how they react now.

It's amazing that other than attempts by Dan, I have had zero contact from Optus in 5 weeks since submitting to the Boomerang process.

Pete_

The TIO helped me with my cancellation. Optus did nothing but stall, until I took action against them. They had my phone for a month. TIO complaint made, within a week, Optus contacted me and happily cancelled my contact, waived remaining fees. Just note that you will be charged for the handset but it'll be waived. You'll get an email from Optus after they call you, letting you know what they've done. It'll take a few days before your service is removed from your account. I'll never buy another Huawei phone again and once my contract is up with my Note 9, I'll never return. They've lost me as a customer. Very poor customer service. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos