Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

breakingbad91

Was it an easy process and has it been picked up by Toll yet? 

NSipos

I took my phone into the Adelaide Optus Rundle Mall and they took the phone without any question and sent it away. I was told it might take approx a week. I was also told that the flagship stores know what they're doing but the franchise stores simply don't wan't to have to deal with it.  The guy also said any Optus store that gave a replacement from in store did the wrong thing, as Optus knew pretty early on that this was a manufacturing fault and not a one off phone fault. So they should all have been sent back.

I had contacted Huawei and it was going will until he asked where I got my phone from, as soon as I said Optus, he said I have to send it in with them. Smiley Sad

Still, at least the process is up and running. 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Troz

@breakingbad91 Yea fairly straight forward, as long as you don't mind speaking on the phone (my wife hates it, prefers to do things in person). But easier for me as I didn't have to go out of my way  

Started with online chat, was given a reference number

Someone called me back within the hour, I explained the long turn around from optus, she directed me to a huawei website where I entered my personal details

Printed out the toll consignment and stuck it to the box

Called toll and organised pick up in the morning from my workplace

Came, collected and that was it. Now just waiting for the new phone 

One tip though. Tell the toll operator the con number. The first toll operator asked all these questions that I couldn't answer and she said for me to go back to the business and get those answers.. I hung up and called toll back to get a different operator and just quoted the consignment number and all good from there  

KiTTyXD

Got my replacement on Tuesday with a BOE display this time, All seems fine but still cautious. But I must say that the display seems more vibrant than the LG panel. And I noticed that Netflix will playback HDR content where as the LG panel didn't. If any changes or problems I will add another comment but hopefully this will be the last comment I add on this specific forum. Also the Service I got from my local Optus store ( Redcliffe ) was Great, it was a 4 Business day turn around from sending it off to receiving the replacement. 

tuloks

I just want to report back about my BOE replacement from Huawei.

No more green tint issues.

But I'm having this screen uniformity issues in lower brightness with grey background. It's non issue for me now but I want to know if you guys have the same issues. I guess thats how it works with AMOLED it's like a lottery. I got LCD with all my past phones. If you have XDA app test it using the dark theme you can clearly see the color reproduction is not uniform. I like to take a photo of the screen but I can't reproduce it properly.

When is the next software update we're stuck with .122!

[ Edited ]
swallowtail

I'm still being charged a monthly fee for a phone I returned over one month ago. I've actually had ZERO communication other than Dan_C trying to help here.

However Dan_C appears to have disappeared, and I've had no responses to emails or personal messages since.

Optus are incredibly bad at just the basics sometimes.

Dazkatmaka11

I have the BOE screen for two weeks all seems fine, no issues with XDA either. I have run a uniformity test every few days all seems fine. The only thing I've noticed that every so often when I go to the recent apps screen there's a slight grey tint. Only happens every once in a dozen times.

Also just to let people know 9.0.0.146 firmware version is being tested with vowifi and Google patches. Hopefully Optus send it out this side of 2018. I won't hold my breath though.

[ Edited ]
Dazkatmaka11

@swallowtail He was around yesterday, posted in android updates. However he wasn't responding for a week, until I made a TIO complaint, suddenly he appeared and the 9.0.0.126 firmware they reckon was the latest version suddenly changed to .146. amazing what happens when you complain.

Kan16

Hi,

how do you check the screen model and other testing? can i have some tips. I am new here

[ Edited ]
Dazkatmaka11

@Kan16 Use Device info HW and OLED Tools, Uniformity test in low brightness in a dark room.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos