cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

I have noticed on xda that updates are hitting All Over The World. Yet Optus haven't even got a listing for the mate 20 Pro in the update blog.

Some say they have 9.0.0.147

Size: 523MB

*Change log:

Optimize face unlock, fingerprint, optimize camera and improve photo quality, fix notification problem for google messages app, improve google maps navigation and security patch for November 2018

First review:
new version for camera app ( add some icons for switch between wide angel and main camera ), fix a problem in edge video when record 4K.

New Contributor JulieT22
New Contributor

Just want to share my frustration. Went to optus westfield knox last nov 20 to cancel my contract and handed them the phone and promised me theyre goin to waived off all the fees. But today ive got the $1503 bill so went to optus store again and told them they havent done the credit. Talked to live chat 2x today and asked about my account if theyve updated about the refund and the live chat support person said it wasnt updated at all, and i need to go back to store again and do the refund. Im getting frustrated. Didnt get any email or sms confirming the refund.
0 Kudos
New Contributor JulieT22
New Contributor

How long does it take to received confirmation email or sms about the credit or refund? Can i just possibly call the optus westfield knox to get the credit reference number so i know theyve updated or waived off all the fees? Coz when i went there and asked them if i need to sign anything for the cancellation of contract, they said nothing to sign at all. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor carleast
Occasional Contributor

Call up and ask to be put through to the Complaints team. They are Australian based and can get stuff done. I've had a similar issue to you a couple of times before and complaints got it sorted. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor nedmo
New Contributor

Yep and further to this, everyone should make a TIO complaint 

I did aaweek ago and yesterday, I had a resolution manager call me and within 30minutes I had notification the warehouse was sending me a known good serial device with a prepaid satchel to return my old phone. no need to have it inspected or be without a phone.

In response to the questions above on the firmware updates, I can totally believe that Optus would be very far behind on pushing updates. It's appalling that the providers are such a stranglehold on updates 

Highlighted
New Contributor breakingbad91
New Contributor

How do we go about making a TIO complaint? I have been communicating with Huawei directly and was going to go down the courier pick up service route however will still be without a phone until the new one arrives... I would love to just have my phone replaced and then send back my faulty phone with the green tint issue. 

Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Occasional Contributor Troz
Occasional Contributor

@windclouddr Huawei told me the same thing. I told them that Optus rep told me it could take up to a month to get a replacement with turn-around times / christmas period and that I needed my phone for work. They then proceeded with processing it directly with them instead.

0 Kudos
New Contributor breakingbad91
New Contributor

So did you end up processing with Huawei? I was just about to yesterday and then Huawei told me they still would need to send to Optus even if I sent directly to them... I am so confused. I too would like this sorted before Christmas! 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Troz
Occasional Contributor

@breakingbad91 Yes, proccessed through them. I was told it'd be back at my door within 5 to 7 business days after I hand the phone over to Toll couriers.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors