Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Jonty01

I attended Optus at Knox in Wantirna South this week. First the manager tried to tell me that a Huawei rep told her that the green glow is normal yet she'd be happy to send my phone away to be assessed. She then tried to indicate that she'd be happy to cancel my contract and swap my device on the spot for something else (Samsung, Pixel etc). Which I don't really want to do.

Today I jumped onto chat directly with Huawei Australia and they indicated that they prefer I deal with them instead of sending my phone back through Optus. He ensured me after I sent him a photo of my green glowing screen that someone would call me within 24 hours to talk me through what to do next. So now I wait. 

I hope it's as easy as me sending them my faulty device and them sending me a "good" one. If they end up saying they aren't replacing them anymore and cancelling my contract is my only option, then I'll go back to my old phone until the S10 comes out I reckon. 

dacmo

Ask her to read to announcement in the dash and conform to those terms stated there and tell her that you'll be reporting her to corporate for not applying those instructions. I'd recommend that you head to Chaddy. The folks there were good. 

Jonty01

That's exactly what I told her to check their dashboard. That's why she came back and then agreed to send it away. I just became concerned after reading a few comments on here where people were saying they won't be doing replacements anymore and sort of doing a recall. That's why I contacted Huawei, I'll see what they say once they call me. 

Highlighted
Solution

ryballs

So I just spoke with Huawei support again and the new phone should be delivered to my work on Monday. It's taken exactly one week from pickup to receipt of the new phone. As this is in WA, it'd probably be quicker in eastern states.

The Huawei rep told me that there is now a special procedure in place at Huawei support specficially for Optus customers. She said to tell everyone here if they aren't getting anywhere with Optus, to give them a call on 1300 482 934.

She said tell the operator that you are an Optus customer with Mate 20 Pro green screen issue and are finding it difficult obtaining a replacement phone from them. Huawei will then send you a prepaid overnight satchel, confirm issue and send you a new unaffected one. 

Sami_G

@ryballs thank you for your post! And Goodluck with Ur new handset. 

I  recieved mine through Optus on Wednesday and so far so good. Still paranoid though it might show issues later. What was that app someone mentioned earlier, we could test our screens with?!

Dazkatmaka11

@Sami_G You can use OLED Tools, use uniformity test at the bottom, lowest brightness in a dark room.

tuloks

Hi everyone just an update about my whole process.

Last friday: Used the Hicare online chat.

Saturday: Got a phone call overseas turns out to be a Huawei agent. I decided to send the phone via Send-In service, filled up form in Experience Huawei page and got a consignment note and reference number.

Monday: Toll Ipec Priority picked up my device at work.

Wednesday: Shows the status of my device at roadhound as being assessed.

Friday: Called roadhouse this morning about the tracking number and found out that Huawei got my device yesterday.

Got home and found a parcel in my front door. It's the replacement! I got BOE screen and 18B02 so far straight from the box not a green tint issues. We will see in a couple of days. Gotta restore back my data via HiSuite. I will report back.

Go straight to Huawei that is the shortest way with all this dilemna. Good luck guys! 

[ Edited ]
Sami_G

@tuloks@Good to hear mate! Goodluck and hopefully this one is green tint free. Is your new device unbranded? Or does it still have the Optus boot

tuloks

@Sami_G Thanks mate. Yes still OPTUS branded.

Dazkatmaka11

Is anybody noticing that once in a while, when you go in to recent open apps that the screen has a greyish tint?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos