Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

shinkumo

I have been talking to Sabrina at the start too, then been dealing with another gentlemen that I couldnt catch his name since week.

I actually receive a AusPost Express Post pre-paid satchel in the mail today, hopefully I could get the replacment phone before this week otherwise will be going oversea without the best camera phone planned to use for the trip.

Dazkatmaka11

Not on topic but has anyone had an issue with Google Assistant not working?

I set mine up did the ok Google, hey Google steps. But when I tried to use it, it wasn't detecting my voice. After a bit of fiddling around I managed to get it working. Below is what I did.

Cleared cache and storage
Disabled App
Enabled App
Downloaded update from playstore
Reboot
Setup voice detect
Retrained voice.

Tested it worked several times

Rebooted

Tested again, still working.
Highlighted

charithap

@Dazkatmaka11 this happened to me quite a lot when I had mine (returned it weeks ago now). It was really annoying because it would happen at worst times when I needed to navigate or set a reminder. Reboots fixed it temporarily.

[ Edited ]
BMX221

So my claim number is saying that "Your device has been received at the assessment centre." at 9:54am this morning, but the live chat is telling me it is not at the warehouse and that it sometimes due to a technical issue the message will be sent earlier. The claim was submitted on the 19th and the device was delivered to the PO box on the 27th at 1pm, and as far as i am aware it was delivered to the warehouse today. it is bad enough that it has been almost 2 weeks, but to be given the incorrect information as well, this is very poor from Optus.

Update 4:45pm - just received a text saying claim approved a device is on its was back, please allow 3 business days. At least this part was quick. 

nedmo

Time for me to chime in here. 

I preordered and received on 1st nov. About 14 days ago, started noticing the green tint. 

I have since spoken to phone chat 4 times, online chat 5, been to 3 stores (Bourke St, Vogue Centre South Yarra, Chapel St Prahran) and after all of this. still have a broken phone. I am beyond livid at this situatation and if the current crop of available phones werent so MEH in comparison, i would have recontracted. 

I refuse to accept that I need to be without a phone for a phone for a week while they "inspect" it. 

But then, this happened. I now have patches of dead grey screen on the right hand side. it happened in the last hour and has since starting, gotten worse. I fear I wont have a screen in another couple of hours. 

@DanC I need an immediate solution. Im not waiting 7 days for a replacement when this is obviously a massive warranty issue. 

IMG_20181129_142452.jpgIMG_20181129_143206.jpg

[ Edited ]
Dazkatmaka11

@nedmo Try and contact Kyle *hidden* he is a case manager / Mobile Resolver 

Tell them to send you a new One from the warehouse with the 18B serial and a collection kit prepaid satchel to return the faulty handset.

Tell him you have been stuffed around.

[ Edited ]
ryballs

@Dazkatmaka11 Nice that a mod redacted the case managers contact details but are completely silent when it comes to providing solutions that actually work. 

@nedmo Forget about Optus, they're bloody useless. Call Huawei support on 1300 482 934.

Dazkatmaka11

@ryballs Yes, obviously they don't want to assist it's all too difficult for them, because it would mean they actually care.

It was an Optus business number, not like it was his home phone. 

[ Edited ]
C0rrupt3d

Just called optus to arrange getting a satchel to send my now second faulty mate 20 pro back in and was put on hold for about 5 minutes and then told they are no longer replacing these and I have to now pick a different handset or I have the option of canceling the contract. I asked if it had been recalled and the lady said yes so I questioned about the new 18b batch and just got told they can't be sure the issue won't happen again so I have to pick another model?!? Is there any official update on this? 

Dazkatmaka11

@C0rrupt3d That's strange that they have suddenly said they are recalling them, there was no mention of this on Monday and Tuesday.

Also I see that they are offering a new " free ear buds" promotion with the handset. Why would they start a promotion in conjunction with Huawei if they have been recalled and ceased sales.

Just seems to me Optus have no clue what they are doing. And we'll never know since any Optus representative is staying clear of this thread.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos