cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

@Willz @dacmoYeah , I asked about that today and was originally told that they will do a straight swap but when the CSR started to put the information through the computer he said there is a note that they are not to do that as they won't get the credit for the unit that they swap.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

yeah, I do have the photo of showing the green screen, I almost pass the 30 days mark (only few days left). what is the quickest way to swap the phone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yup. If you follow this post from about page 30 onwards you will see that the directions that all stores are given with the notice is that they are will do replacements with new sets after they send the units back. Any store that does on the spot replacements will not get credited for the phone they replaced. It doesn't matter if it's 30 days or not, they will still replace it for you. Just not on the spot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

thank you very much for letting me know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

After reading this forum from it's early days I made the decision to hold off until almost near the 30 day return. Documented all the posts explaining the issue and photos of my green screen. By the time I chose to return my phone (hoping to receive something from the newer batch with a BOE screen) the notices and media had increased the awareness in store .Returned my phone (LG screen) to my store on Thursday and received a message on Monday saying a replacement was ready (BOE screen) so far no issues at all. Will update if issue returns. Best of luck to all.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Looks like Huawei have lost my phone..

On Monday their courier picked it up my work to be taken to them for assessment. I saw I missed a call from them yesterday afternoon, so called back this morning. First Huawei person tells me the phone was sent to Roadhound (3rd party service centre who Optus use) and to call them. I call them and they tell me there is no record of my phone and to call Huawei back. I call Huawei again and ask for a manager. They tell me they don't use that courier company and have no record of the booking. I was like your company booked the pickup and emailed me the consignment note. They said they are going to speak with the employee that did it and have them call me back.

I have been trying to get this phone replaced for 3 weeks now, it's getting ridiculous. First Optus couldn't find my IMEI on their system so were unable to send my phone for assessment, despite going down there multiple times and leaving my phone with them for a week. Now Huawei have lost it. Why is it this bloody hard just to get a defect-free phone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Just received my new handset with the 18B serial, I have ran OLED tools in a dark room on low brightness, it looks ok so far.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@ryballsI got mine picked up at work on Monday. Did you track it using the reference number from the consignment note print out? Mine says at transit in Banksmeadow.  Estimated delivery  was yesterday but have no update yet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@ryballs did you get a reference number when you created the consignment in the Huawei experience page? i think its around 10 digits. If you haven't done so, enter it in the roadhound status on their website: https://roadhound.com.au/status

You should get notes directly from the tech doing the assessment. Mine was picked up by Toll Priority. then the next day it was already in their system. I called roadhound before it got registered in the system and the rep said it is done usually by close of business from the date of receipt (delivered). 

In my case, I guess I should have waited a bit longer before I returned the phone so I could have at least gotten a B stock for peace of mind. Huawei called me last night checking if I already got a replacement. So far it is okay. Anybody got an A replacement that doesn't have the green issue like me? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@tuloks They don't appear to have any tracking tools available to the customer: https://www.directcouriers.com.au/ I have emailed them. 

@Maelfice Didn't create the consignment on the Huawei experience page. They arranged the pickup for me and emailed me the connote.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors