Searching...

Mobile

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

Vanderlay6

With the display issue possibly being fixed with new headsets is this a phone worth getting ?

Also how is the screen mirroring to a tv working out for you all ?

[ Edited ]
Tazy

@Maelfice I registered on 1st or 2nd of Nov. Received approval email on 7th and today only received the promotion gift.

Regarding my faulty phone I gave Optus my phone last Thursday at Craigieburn VIC store. Received a text msg yesterday that my claim was approved and after posting the previous post they call me to pickup my new handset.

Good luck to all of you guys.

Highlighted

Vanderlay6

Yes I see that 100gig special but not for trade up customers 

Only new customers that's what they think of the customers they have already

Dazkatmaka11

100GB plan for $84 I have noticed that this plan vs 50GB plan doesn't include unlimited international calls and texts, or any entertainment offer for $0

Basically you are getting an extra 50GB but spotify, GoogleMusic and Netflix will strike off against your quota.

Sami_G

Okay so I handed in my device at an optus store for replacement on Thursday evening and just picked up the new one. 1st thing I checked was the SN and it seems to be from 18B "good batch" 

Will keep you guys posted once I can confirm!

Ps. This made me laugh at the bottom of warranty receipt it says: "... At optus, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide quality service,..." 😂😅

[ Edited ]
dacmo

@Maelfice well, on the edges where it curves down the brightness would be different most noticeable on the completely white background. It's not so much grey as is kinda greyish blue if I had to pick a colour. But I saw the same thing with my original LG screen. I think it's just the way it is with the curve screen.

I haven't noticed any dimming.

Willz

the mate 20 pro phone i signed up last month is starting to get the green tint issue now, it is hard to see the fault but it is very clear when I turn the screen brightness to lowest and in a dark room. 

I went to the optus store, they said there is no problem with the phone, they said it is functional and no issue. but everybody know that the green tint screen can only see it in a dark room. i called the optus customer care, they just ask me to follow the standard procedure. apparently the lady who answered my call did not know the huawei green screen issue. she said there is no guarantee that i will be replaced with a new phone.

since this is the only phone i have and i really need it for work. how can i swap it on spot in a optus store?

Maelfice

@dacmo exactly. Greyish blue. thanks for confirming. I guess it really is normal. I dont see that on my samsung s8 though. Yea the dimming could be some software bug for me based on what i read. They say a hard reset would fix it but im too lazy to set it up again.

dacmo

@Willz there is no on the spot (or upfront) replacement in the process. All units have to be sent back and you will get a brand new unit from a new batch in a few days.

[ Edited ]
KiTTyXD

@Willz If you can take a photo of the screen when its in the darkened room, I took my phone in today also and as soon as I showed them picture of my phone in a dark lit room and the CSR started the return proceedure straight away (no questions) just remember if you go pass the 30 day mark they will just replace your phone with a reconditioned one ( prior to 30 days a new handset will be given) . Just try take the box and all the accessories that came with it in with you.  

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
34 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos