cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Huawei Mate 20 Pro - Green tinted display issue

I've been told it's been escalated and I should receive within 5 days, but for some reason I have big doubts that it's new stock. Im expecting it to be old batch still. If it is heads will roll. I specifically stated not to send original stock.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I got mine in 3 days by going in to the a proper Optus store (not a franchise one) last week. And it's definitely not first batch stock (B serial number) with BOE screen.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same here, dropped my defective phone off Thursday last week and picked up my replacement B stock BOE screen today. Shoutout to Mario at the Sunnybank Hills store, great work.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I got my free wireless charger and the ear buds today now I need my phone back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nice, what city are you in? I'm in Brisbane and haven't received the pre order bonus yet. Has anyone in Brisbane received the freebies yet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in sydney cbd and still no sign of my preorder bonus . 😞 

@Tazy when did you register your claim on the website and when did you get your claim:approved email if you don't mind me asking? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm in Brisbane and got my this morning. I think my was approved on the 7th. Leaving the country for two weeks still need to deal with my green tint when I get back mid December...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Nah , I'm still waiting for mine :'( But I have no phone to test them out with 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Guys, after sending you phone to warehouse for cancellation.. make sure to call them for them to apply credit.. they didn't do anything till I call and first bill is due in 4 days.. anyways all done.. 

With regards to Huawei bonus.. claimed 2nd received 17th Nov in Gold Coast

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@dacmo mate do you mind checking for me please. with yours, when on white background, do you see a very subtle gray shade on the edges? its not the green tint we all know but it looks more like a shadow cast by the bent glass. you only see it when looking directly at the screen. not from an angle. 

and also, does the screen dim slightly when going to a white background like say.... ebay app? Eventhough auto adjust brightness is turned off? 

Thanks. sorry but I am still paranoid with my phone. I just need to confirm from someone who has the good stock. I got my replacement early but its from the old batch so I'm expecting the worst.

BTW I just got my freebies today. The freebuds are awesome. Never used one of these. I always go with headphones. I think I will be leaving my headphones at home more often now. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors